Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orinth posted:

You're supposed to zip the jacket to the pants, that's the idea of a 2-piece :argh:

5 bucks says the chick on the R1 put a foot down to stop and either broke a heel or turned her ankle, dumping the bike and coming off the back end after losing her balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

inolen posted:

Especially seat stander circles, where you have to use the clutch/handbrake at the same time with the same hand.

I don't care much about stunting one way or another as long as it's not on the road, but what kind of bike are you riding that you have a clutch and a brake on the same handgrip? Do you have to run a lever for the rear brake or something?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

Thats drat impressive IF and only IF the water is more than 2 feet deep. Its tough to tell if he is just driving through shallow water really fast, or actually hydroplaning over deep stuff.

That water's not more than 8 inches deep, he's just riding in a field with standing water from a few days of rain. My backyard with lovely drainage looks like that right now, and the water's not more than 4" deep anywhere.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
JESUS H CHRIST

Saw this over on ADVRider - it's a vid of some guys doing some incredibly trick riding on trials bikes, including riding over the the arches of a suspension bridge.

Turn down the volume, the soundtrack sucks rear end.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Guy on Sportster pops wheelie, brings it down, slams on his rear brake in the middle of a puddle, promptly high-sides

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7wH7WDUvF0&mode=related&search

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

raffie posted:

More crazy Japanese gymkhana action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3Djh8A7SE

Impressive.

When the rider on the red bike loses it about halfway through the clip - was he on his front brake a little heavily? Can't quite make out what his right hand is doing, but it looks like he locked the front wheel and tucked it. Am I seeing things correctly?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
^^^f u budday^^

rope kid posted:

Why does he have cans taped over his cans?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

J Greedy posted:

You think your chromed out stretched out 'Busa with the fat rear tire is cool?

Whatever man, how you gunna keep all that torque on the ground without an extra wheel?

The baddest 'Busa around. Check out that chromed out sprocket on the rear tire that ain't even hooked up the the chain, that's how much speed it's got. That guy is so big, only a bike with 3 wheels would fit him.

I posted that poo poo back in V1 of this thread and I still don't understand what those idiots were thinking making that bike. It's gotta have the turning radius of a semi.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Phat_Albert posted:

Because trials riding involves real skill, practice, coordination, etc etc etc.

Wheelieing a sportbike is mostly trial and error.

To be fair, some of the more advanced tricks I've seen done at "stunta" demonstrations require a bit of skill and coordination as well. I'm not impressed by wheelies or stoppies or highchairs, etc., but some of the tricks Christian Pfeiffer does are pretty :coal:. Then again, he's a trials rider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erlnXv-39o8

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHJNG2PngQ

Electric drag bike, runs an 8.51 at 155something, and sounds weird as hell doing it. Has a webpage at http://www.killacycle.com

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
HOLY BALLS - trials video from France this past January. I'd kill myself trying the smallest fraction of what these guys are doing. Vid's almost 20 minutes long and has a Megadeth soundtrack, so you might want to turn your volume down if you can't take Mustaine singing like he's squeezing one off for that long.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125dj_indoor-de-toulouse-toni-bou-adam-ra_sport

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

R-Type posted:

Never, ever get caught in the sonic boom wash of a ZX-14.

I dig the fatback sticking out between his 2-piece - I'm guessing he probably had some nasty plumber's crack going on when he was actually on the bike (PS zip your loving suit together)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

WTFBEES posted:

Bad loving rear end.

Supermoto and rally racing were meant to go together. I just wish I understood all the Frenchy speak.

Same here. Luckily they show you the times in the credit roll - the bike won.

It's also somehow comforting to know that lovely rap-rock soundtracks for motorsports-related web video clips are pretty much de rigueur the world over.

edit: the wheelie he pulls as he comes through that last turn is loving epic

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
The donkabusa is possibly the dumbest motorcycle related thing I have ever seen

The kawabusa on the other hand is loving awesome - one of the bike rags had an article on it but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. It's a Hayabusa motor, and I *think* the swingarm as well, shoehorned onto a modified ZRX frame with a GSX-R front end and tail section.

It is, effectively, what Suzuki should've made the B-King. Instead, we wound up with something that looks like it's modeled off the notebook sketches of a 12 year old crackhead.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Trintintin posted:

It's unfair starter bikes are starting to look so sexy. The resale value on my ninja500 is plummeting daily.

if you're in the US, you probably won't have to worry about these bikes making it to us :smith:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
old man post re: the mulholland video from a couple of days ago - why would you ride a standup wheelie as slowly as possible anywhere on that road, much less on the outside edge of a tight turn that's right next to a loving cliff?

goddamned kids better stay off my lawn

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

builds character posted:

Confused because that's not a picture of the Aprilia sxv 550.

The best thirty seconds of your life. Then, after towing it home, you can stare longingly at it before passing it on to the next sucker.

they sound so loving good with the akro can on them

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Given the bridge was actively coming down as he was riding at 70mph (his words) towards it, I'm not going to argue his instinct to layer dan and get as low as possible vs. staying upright and braking hard with bits of shredded metal flying around and the bridge itself coming down to take-your-head-off level. If any video comes out we can dissect it til the cows come home, but this doesn't sound like the typical "a car pulled out 300 feet in front of me while I was traveling 25mph so I put the bike on its side" layer dan story

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I had to layer down

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
That's some Alanis Morissette levels of irony right there

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
maybe she was the free ride after he'd already paid

isn't it :ironicat:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
never seen it before; 20 seconds in I wanted to punch him in the face

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Anime is for idiot manbabies so I'm gonna say

"Designed as a sleek town motorcycle". Funny, to me it looks more like a suppository with wheels and mirrors.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/aprilia/moto-6.5/1995/

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

Good. I'm not asking you to like it, I'm asking you to respect it because actual effort was put in and it was designed by one guy with a very particular vision instead of a focus group populated by middle aged men with speed dealer sunglasses.

There is absolutely something to be said for a cohesive design vision vs. design by committee, but I tend to be a form follows function kinda guy and, to me, that bike just screams "I want to design a bike that looks retro-futuristic/have been watching too many episodes of the Jetsons. We can figure out how to make an actual working bike out of this after I'm done with my pretty drawings". Even if the bike wasn't designed with function in mind first, good design ages well. Twenty years after it came out, that bike is 100% kitsch.

This is versus something like the Britten, which was built around using the engine as a stressed frame member (function), used a completely different design language than anything from its era, AND still looks cool as gently caress.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
whoa. WHOA. poo poo. OH MY GOD.

I don't buy blaming that entirely on the throttle lock, that was 100% him getting spooked and then target fixating his way over that drop off

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
shoulda just layer dan'd

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

Sure, but he was going slow enough that he probably could have just clamped down and locked the wheels and still kept the bike upright.

Digging through the comments he says a few times that "he was hitting the front and rear brakes but the ABS kept the wheels rolling because the throttle was still open". As clutchpuck called out, he could've pulled the loving clutch in too. Video was titled appropriately

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Sounds like he wrote it after watching David Lynch's Dune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBb_tPPA8E&t=23s

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
What did those guys do that had a motorcycle cop shooting at them from the bike in the middle of a neighborhood? The article linked in the video 404s

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
This is the country where a man invented an anti-carjacking device that includes a flamethrower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
fekking prawns meng

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chpI77Hv6bk

"There's probably geese poop all over my pit bike."

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I like the new transformer Yamahas :(

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
what's the other one, one of the new Africa Twins?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
small puddle, my rear end. why would the dude bother to lie about it? it's not like a bent rod from water + bullshit in the intake is going to be a warranty claim anyway.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Squeezing the brake lever only to have it go all the way to the handle and you not slow down is a big pucker moment.

On my old GS500 I had the caliper bolts back out on the highway and didn't notice until I went to exit that it was just dangling down there at the end of the fork leg. Luckily it was a long offramp and the rear still worked.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

who knew Veuve Clicquot went so well with two-smoke

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I don't think he caught a rut, he slowed down/stopped on an angle and couldn't reach the ground. Same thing would have happened on any tall bike, but if it didn't weigh 600 lbs he might have been able to catch it without breaking his ankle.

When I had the 690 I managed to bury the rear wheel in some sand and it was a major bitch trying to pull 300+ lbs of bike and gas out. I don't even want to think about getting something like a GS or a Super Ten stuck.

That said, it's the rider, not the bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUG1G0QTExc

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 450 Adventure / 450 Rally - I thought that was some sort of 690 Dakar kit. When he went flying by on the test runs at the rally park, the exhaust note said I was WAY off base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Reflection of the headlight that you can catch in the window made it look like it doesn't have the "angel eye" or whatever the gently caress you call the LED ring around the headlight like the prototype did. Hope that's not the case