Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

The new Scout's frame. Looks pretty legit. The radiator is tucked between the spars on the front part.

I know nothing about motorcycle frames. Could you explain what makes it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

For Halloween I am dressing as a 12 O'clock Boy. It isn't racist because my full face covers the black face.
So, short, tshirt, slippers and baseball cap?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Sorry about your ugly balls, ya'll.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
No, don't leave it. Take it with you

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

El Jebus posted:

Introducing the 2015 Ducati Scrambler:

Nailed it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

builds character posted:

How is it so light? How do I not have one?

The wheel/tire is one piece inflatable unit. The rest is a chainsaw + bicycle. Technically a mopped but cool nevertheless. Not sure if it even has brakes

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

that that pic is from, and I have to ask - why do so many choppers have a big gap between the front of the seat and the fuel tank? Is "testicle removal device" a look that people are deliberately asking for?
Most bikes like that are built to showcase fabrication and design idea, they don't really get ridden. Except maybe around the block a couple of times. So, who cares about lack of brakes, suspension, fuel capacity etc? http://www.dwrenched.com/2014/06/dwrenched_20.html

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

quote:

ART
ärt/Submit
noun
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

It confuses me how so many people don't understand the concept

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Did anyone point out yet that almost all custom bikes are hideous eyesores even if taken only as art? They're awful poo poo as art and they're awful poo poo as bikes. So what's the point?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Nobody is forcing you to ride them, you sperg

Slavvy posted:

It isn't that nobody here 'gets art'. It's that the type of custom bikes most often derided here are terrible garbage by the standards of both art and motorcycles. I also doubt that most of the builders are trying to make some kind of sustained artistic statement, they're just trying to make a gigantic boondoggle covered in useless bullshit to gather revenue for their workshop from retards with more money than sense and wrapping it up in a ~~Kustom Kulture~~ package.
It's almost as if tastes were subjective or something

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 28, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah but we're not talking taste here, we're talking things that are objectively poo poo. Like your posting.
My posting is here to stay. Don't have an aneurysm

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slavvy posted:

I'm more interested in what happens to the carbon fiber structures when you tumble one trying to do a sick burnout.

Looks like there is a piece of metal sticking out in every direction.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Gorgeous

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The pegs and seat are even closer together than on a stock version. Considering how tiny those things are, anyone over 5'5" is going to look like a bear on a unicycle

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

There are those?
$8,000

Edit: Hahaha, they dropped the price. It's now 6 grand, which is actually better, but still about 2 grand too much.

Very cool little bike tho. Please post pictures.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 6, 2015

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

The banana seat is more Cafe Racer est. 2010.
The similar seat is extremely comfortable on Bonneville, especially for 2up riding.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Oh I don't disagree with the type of seat at all. Totally practical and valid, despite the vintage look. But with the SR400 you know they chose it because of the look, and would have regardless of practicality.

That bike is all form, and any function is incidental.
At least that "form" did not override function, like some others. Besides, this was the pinnacle of comfort back in the 70's, they could have done much, much worse.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Linedance posted:

Like, sometimes you just live in a nation of suckers.

Every nation is a nation of suckers, it just depends on who's asking

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Thanks for 2 minutes of your gas tank footage i guess

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Didn't finish watching it, no gas tank

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Apparently 2 years in the making.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

http://explosm.net/show/episode/162/lookin-good

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
These guys took Triumph and Ducati scramblers into the mountains. Looks like an awesome trip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtWRc5ikMs

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Ola posted:

Cruel truth. There are no bitches on Bluetooth.
Not on YOUR bluetooth maybe

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Went to a TROG event last Sunday, good times. Pre-1947 bikes and pre-1953 cars were allowed to compete. Not as many hipsters as you would think. People actually had period-correct tow vehicles at the event, it's amazing.

http://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/
http://carshowz.com/4th-annual-oilers-ccmc-race-of-gentlemen/

Just photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/carshowz/albums/72157659878024252

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

"Worlds most dangerous road" my rear end. I don't see any California drivers on it. :clint:

They're at the bottom of the ravine already.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The guy is treating controls like on and off switches, like on a video game controller. My mother learned to drive a car at 55, her gas/brake application is pretty much the same.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Sounds like a formula 1 car

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

Seems the cops agree'd with the bikers here...

Cop agreed with traffic law that says you can't drive on a curb. Also, to stop this from escalating. The riders were still deliberately blocking him from passing and would have been the sole assholes in this situation if the jeep didn't go full retard.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

nsaP posted:

That jeep driver deserved what the bitch in the Land Rover got.
What bitch in the Land Rover? The NYC incident?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
At least 3 of those bikes are Hondas. Not sure if the red one is actually a motorcycle

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

El Jebus posted:

At least it actually is the worst mailbox written in Hangul. Thankfully not gibberish or something that means something else.
If only it was an actual tattoo and not a magic marker...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Serious post, since no one else has yet.

There's a brake fluid level sensor in the reservoir, that light turns on when it's low. The reservoir is hidden under the tank so you can't just look at it to see how full it is. The master cylinder is also under the tank and is cable operated from the handle bar. Think about that for a minute. Just think.
Something I always wondered, the reason brake fluid reservoir is next to the lever is to increase response time? Almost every bike has it in that exact spot.
It can't be just for sake of visual inspection, it's not like brake fluid disappears often if at all...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

M42 posted:

I come to a stop all wobbly, then slooowly teeter over onto my other foot, miss shift six times, finally get it into neutral, slooowly teeter over to the other side so I can step on the rear brake. Then I sloooooowly teeter back to the right, curse violently as I have to buck the bike forward on my tiptoes with all my teensy weensy might so it can go into first, almost fall over twice, then lug and chug my rear end across the intersection half blind due to a fogged visor from my exertions. *

* you think I'm joking, don't you.

Same.

Also texting at the same time

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd buy one, rip the front fairing off, and stick a white numberplate on it.
I want that fairing for my CB1100, let's be friends.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Nevermind

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I left the sound on, hoping that there is going to be some engine noise, but no, it's dubstep all the way. You have a recording of 20 dirt bikes revving up, and you turn it off in favor of music. What a terrible thing. Looks like everyone is having fun, kudos.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think the only reason that guy went underwater is because his balls are made out of cast iron. That song had so much buildup, ha

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/youve-never-seen-a-custom-bike-like-this-hello-kitty-th-1756050313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Keket posted:

I think this was posted a few pages ago, but it still makes me :gonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H93kPnDQEqA
Amazing