Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I really liked that first pic that inolen posted, shoot me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Braincloud posted:

Awesome day down on the Mist Hiway just outside of Clatskanie, Oregon.

That road up there is awesome. We need to have a PDX goon bike meet. I know of 3 of us now that have sportbikes.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

orinth posted:

yeah if you don't sell your bike

Yea its for sale, but as long as I have it im down to ride. I would like to get in a couple more rides before its over, I just have no one to ride with. The amount of newbs on literbikes on the last groupride I went on was enough to make me not want to go to those anymore. They are fun, but sometimes it turns into a pissing contest of who can ride the hardest and craziest and I don't like that.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I was bored looking up pics and vids of the Hypermotard when I found this, near desktop quality. There is video out there of this as well although I couldn't find one high enough quality to post.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

`Nemesis posted:

Can that video be our standard response every time someone comes into AI thinking a supersport is a perfectly fine first bike?

Here is another good one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A8_BYLDXMUE

and that capirossi crash wasn't even that bad, pussy

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

23reasons posted:

The wheel went over his head, how bad does it need to be?

This is a bad accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZETubIe7k

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Puncture wound to the forearm :cry:

Oh drat I had no idea, that's why he was out at Assen.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
If you have searched supermoto videos on youtube you have seen this, but for those who haven't here is a great on-board battle video. It really heats up in the second half of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJtnFIFofXk

And I agree, that last supermoto video was loving awesome.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

How the hell, did he just lock the front up? He was still completely upright then he was on the ground. The cameraman did a good job of avoiding him, drat that was crazy.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I bet that poo poo would sound pretty badass at WOT

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
While we are posting videos of people loving around on the street here is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwaepHyPxY

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I don't know how many times I've watched that motard video, so careless, so insane, yet I love watching it. The lead rider is loving crazy.

He almost looses the rear at 10:30, I've done that a couple times and absolutely love a supermoto's ability to soak up what on any other bike would probably be a pretty sweet highside.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

This is how you back it in on a sportbike...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1960255438960244472&hl=en

Uhhhhh drat. I just watched that about 15 times, loving incredible. You gotta be the man to hold it that far out at that speed.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Sumos look so easy to wheelie. I can't figure it out on my DRZ though, I can get it up but its so touchy because of the amount of engine braking there is. I suck at wheelies though.

God I wish my DRZ had more power. :(

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

Have you stuck the flatslide carb in yet? The FCR39MX?

No, not yet. So far the bike has been bomb proof so I haven't wanted to upset how perfectly reliable it is now. I use it for commuting year round and need above all things a bike that will get me from A to B every time without issue.

I know the carb won't affect the reliability of the bike in the slightest, I just haven't done it yet because the bike is already pretty much perfect aside from being down on power. Eventually it will get done, I just have other priorities right now.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
he sure dont give a gently caress

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Sold my DRZ-SM with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800, got this with 10k miles and no accidents for $3800:

A 2004 GSXR 600, I am not a fan of yellow but it was to good of a deal to pass up. The DRZ will be missed, for now I am happy to be back on a sportbike though.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
at least 3 or 4 times watching both parts of that I found myself holding my breath for extended periods of time, TT riders have to be partially insane, respect tho

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

cmorrow001 posted:

After looking at the pictures, you should look into bar ends (at least the side I can see is missing it). Without them your hands may get numb quickly. I had an 04 and an 05 so feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I know a fair bit about them and still have some extra parts in my garage if you are missing anything. I don't think I have an extra bar end but I'll look for you.

EDIT: I think I have a set of OSF rearsets that just need a new peg and would bolt up if you are interested. I'd let you have them dirt cheap (really, really, cheap).

Shoot me an email (dickjokes at gmail) and we can talk about those rear-sets. I've never had a set of aftermarket rearsets before, that would be really cool.

I've only put about 100 miles on the bike so far as the weather since I bought it has been horrible, but I'm in absolute love with the bike so far. I find myself searching the revs a lot for power which I am having to get used to all over again, but the bike handles very well and the brakes are awesome.

I am taking it easy for the time being on the engine as I don't know how many miles the oil has on it so I need to get that changed asap. I also need to invest in a new chain/sprocket kit. It has a DID 520 chain on it now, but has a stock rear sprocket and the MPH is off so I assume it has a smaller front sprocket. The chain has rust spots on nearly every link, so it should probably be changed. What chain/sprocket kit would you recommend for the bike?

The one flaw the bike has is it was dropped in a driveway so it has a tiny rash spot on the fairing and the engine case on the side you can't see in the pics. When that happened it bent the clutch lever, which I cleaned up as best as I could but it definitely needs a new one. What would you recommend for a aftermarket replacement?

It also only came with one bar end because of the driveway drop by the PO. I took off the other one for aesthetic reasons. I actually kind of like the way it looks without them, and was planning on getting new grips that will cover up the ends. Is there any reason why I need bar ends? My hands don't go numb without them.

EDIT: Also, the yellow is slowly growing on me. I do like this color scheme more than the typical white/blue that comes on these bikes.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 8, 2008

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
:regd07:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

That rules. Really proves guys in that time were not much different than we are now. Thanks for sharing, awesome photos.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

Its edited, the original wasnt that gnarly.

True, the original was still disturbing but had no blood that I can remember.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
what in the gently caress

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Boat posted:

This was posted in the regular AI YouTube thread, but I figured those who don't browse it regularly would also like to have their jaws drop at some precision riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTO2s7wyrFs

That competition would be fun as hell on a DRZ400SM.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
You guys gotta see this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=47096488

wait until the end, its the best

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
aww man I fail

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Man, that double-tire jump was loving awesome. Great video, now I want a loving dirtbike.

also HAY GUYZ MY GIRLFRIEND

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
That Porsche driver sucks for getting so close to the bikes, pretty nutty video, it would have been fun to be one of the guys on the bikes. I'm to old to do that poo poo now.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Silver posted:

That poo poo is pretty much why I won't get a supermoto, toooo tempting and I would probably just end up in jail.

Supermotos insprire you to ride crazy because the bike can do it so easily. I rode far more aggresively and dangerously on my DRZ than I did or do on my sportbikes. Cutting the corners on city blocks in the city became an everyday occurance. Stuck at a red light? Hop up onto the curb, over barkdust bed and into a parking lot at 20 mph, gas it hard going back over the barkdust planter on the other side to get the front end light as you go over the planter and sidewalk with only the back tire on the ground and back into the street. Also one city block was a gravel lot, just cut the entire thing in half wide open in 2nd gear with the back end squirling all over the place.....

There is a reason I sold my DRZ. I only got busted one time and the cop let me off with a warning for "not stopping before entering the roadway" when crossing the gravel lot.

I really want another SM someday but like you said it's just to tempting to ride like a total rear end. I can't imagine owning one with double the HP my DRZ had.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

FunkyJunk posted:

:argh: You shut your stinking hole. If Edwards can do it and Aoyama can do it, Rossi sure as hell could if he ever had to.

Those were loving awesome

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

I'd roll it

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

The Wormy Guy posted:

That is sick. Have any more info on the bike?

Nope, these pics got posted in a local motorcycle forum when talking about streetfighters. I agree the tail is gay but the rest of the bike is pretty hot. Judging by the tank, swingarm and engine it used to be a R1, that's all I can really gather.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MepyIb9FEQ

I like the part at 1 minute where he takes part of the hillside off the hillside with his knee.

I love british road racing. It is so loving insane how could you not love it. While the guy nearly pulling his knee off on the hill was awesome I was loving the wheelies and jumps over the hills, particularly the near 12'clock wheelie at 2:30.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Zenaida posted:

I've been watching the 250cc Motogp races from last year, just watched Phillip Island. Aoyama had a disappointing race, with hilarious results:

The 250's last year were my favorite to watch. So many good battles, every single race had exciting, edge-of-your-seat moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFF6lHL58Gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiySKeu1gUo&feature=PlayList&p=9715EDF0CEFA2463&playnext=1&index=23

Simoncelli was the man in 2008 though, he really put it all out there and it paid off.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 26, 2009

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
http://www.break.com/index/how-not-to-make-a-leftturn.html

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Babies first trackday at Portland International Raceway:

Absolutely incredible experience. I plan on at least 2 more this summer. I had dreams last night of the dive into turn 1, so awesome. PIR is a great track, very fast. The curved back straight is intense, wide open and banked over for a long rear end time. It was incredible! I touched knee on turn 4 about 5 times and each time except for the last time it scared the crap out of me and I instantly went upright. The last time I was looking for it and it felt perfect. Can't wait to go back.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 3, 2009

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Gnaghi posted:

That dude in the back looks like he's out to kill the other racers.

That guy was crazy fast. He was on a newer bone stock GSXR 1000 and was a really good rider, kind of surprised he wasn't in the fast group when I think about it. He passed me many times that day, he was a monster on the brakes into turn 1.

Speaking of brakes, I was getting some vibration under hard braking during the track day, it would only happen on really hard braking on both straights. It was a vibration I could feel in both hands, I had the pads replaced since I brought spares with me and had the suspension set up for my weight, didn't change the vibration at all. It wasn't so bad I had to stop riding but it was enough to affect my confidence braking into turn 1. Steering head bearings or warped disks? I have never felt this vibration ever riding on the street.

Every once in awhile pulling back on the bars while pulling the bike out of my parking spot in my building the steering head will make a dull 'pop', it's rare but it does it, so that's where I am going to start. Hopefully it isn't an expensive repair.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_08p-414uGY World superbike race where oil spill takes out tons of riders and everyone gets super pissed that they didn't wave the blue flag.

I absolutely love Colin Edwards. The part where he puts up two middle fingers makes me laugh out loud every time.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

orinth posted:

About drat time you got out there. I really want to get out this year as it's been almost 2 years since I've done a trackday. Did you go out with Cascade tracktime? Motocorsa and PSSR also put on good trackdays as well.

I would like to check out ORP as well.

It was cascade tracktime. I had heard they were not newb friendly and they were right. I got 1 sighting lap instead of 2 for some reason and then it was onto the track. I nearly went off on my first lap on turn 7 because I didn't know I could go through it at 70+ mph and ended up parking in the corner hard from emergency braking for no reason.

It took me until about mid-day before I really started to get the hang of turn 1 and turn 7, and by the end of the day I was touching knee on turn 4 every other lap. Also after lunch since the turnout was small for the day they made it open track from 1-4pm, so I was out there with the fast guys which was a little scary at times.

My bummer is I only have Thursday and Friday to do trackdays so I am stuck with CT and 2fast or whatever they are called, unless someone does trackdays on Thursdays, which I don't know about yet. It would be fun to do one together, that and I have no support vehicle and don't know anyone so it would be nice to have company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

AkrisD posted:

Here's something I just ran across. Another argument for wearing a full face helmet. Even though this rider wasn't wearing a helmet at all the amount of damage done to his face alone is ridiculous.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roentgenator/2450912496/

It would loving suck to be that guy, wear your helmet kids