Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Oh god they have one of these at the Ducati store across the road from me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q21_fJqPCOA

wait for it... :3::fh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
This is what happens when you don't adjust your preload and ride over a crest and into a sudden gully with a pillion at a... rapid pace.

Click here for the full 1920x1080 image.

Thankfully the tire was fine, preload since adjusted and plate stomped back into shape!

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Jack the Smack posted:

Well, I assume everyone reading this has seen the ending to the Myspace video.

That exact wipeout the guy did in the parking lot happened to this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4

Good racing bike, bad parking bike.

What the poo poo? Do some dealers not scrub the tyres on brand new bikes going of the lot? Still, its not really their fault. Poor guy.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
So I hear braking hard makes the bike hard to turn, right? Get ready for pants making GBS threads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_llndUzFfc

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Cycle video power hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2UvuRLdTE

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Z3n posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1p3iRBTfeY

This one is my favorite snake crash because of the shoe and the hollow sound it makes as it hits the guardrail.

Ahh seeing that shoe reminded me of a video i saw ages ago, a stunter came off and the bike landed on his be-sneakered foot. It was only hanging by a thread in the end. :argh: sneakers!

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
I cant find a better picture but this is how you carry food on a bike. For the first few weeks I saw these in glorious nippon, I thought they were some sort of electric contraption. The spring at the top looked like a ceramic insulator to me. They are pretty rad, seeing guys hoon around on them with a big bowl of ramen on the back, the tray staying perfectly level and safe.

Click here for the full 565x850 image.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Tsaven Nava posted:

Man, what the gently caress is up with Australia?

We have been living under the hole in the ozone layer for decades now. :sun:

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

After 50 days without riding while she was repaired, i finally have her back! And with a new nose fairing from glorious Nippon. Its so good to be back on two wheels, i was getting a bit soft in the auto, air-conditioned, sofa like estate car.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
I guess this belongs in the pictures thread, because :siren:HOLY poo poo!:siren:

SPEED is thought to have contributed to a fatal motorcycle crash at Forest Lake in Brisbane's south-west last night.

A 38-year-old man from Inala was killed when his black Suzuki bike collided with a bus turning from Forest Lake Boulevarde into Grand Avenue about 6pm (AEST).

Police said the force of the impact threw the rider into the bus.

He died at the scene and his female pillion passenger was taken to the Princess Alexandra Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

She remains in a critical condition this morning.

The driver of the Westside bus was also taken to hospital suffering from shock.

Six passengers on board were unhurt.

The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating the cause but police said it appears the motorcyclist may have been speeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Boat posted:

Dunno if this got missed at the bottom of last page or what, but if I just pulled that off I'd be the most :smug: motherfucker on Earth for like a week.

I take it the bike ran directly into the bus's wheel, because I see zero damage to the bus other than the window the guy flew through. :confused:

My guess is the bike hit the front, and the rider went through the front window, hence it being smashed. The bus probably continued on 10 or so meters before stopping leaving the bike behind. Maybe they smashed the side window to get passengers out because of the damage to the front? Sad story either way.