Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Put a sprung solo on the bike today... lovely seat, I am waiting for a custom job I ordered to come in and this will do the trick until it arrives.

Going to go down and pick up a rolled steel fender tomorrow for the rear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

shoafer0 posted:

<derail>
dilligaf... I have the same camera and I can't for the life of me figure out how you're doing those borders on your pictures. With the fstop/shutter speed/iso setting listed. help?
</derail>

http://www.bastaards.org/Miscellaneous/Scripts.rar

Take that script, un-rar it, put the scripts in the X:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts folder, then edit with your favorite text editor to change the copyright info, text font/size etc.

When you want to add it to a photo, click File>Scripts>scriptname

There are two, one for 800x600 or so, one for 640x480

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I am bored shitless, it is storming here so I was loving around in the garage, snapped a couple of pics.

Hmmm... way too much poo poo in the garage for a good pic so.. breakout the photoshop and my uber-weak skillllzzzzzz

The seat is temporary, ordering a custom seat pan and gonna try my hand at leather work and make me a thinner seat. Custom rear fender coming as well.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

schmunkey posted:

I've never seen a Sportster that really caught my eye until I saw yours. I really like what you've done with it. Is it akward riding with your risers like that though?

Not really, I am not a small guy and I have ape arms. (For the OMG Safety Krew, I know, I know. My only excuse is that I was 1/8th of a mile from my house, just to take some pics for a website.)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

HNasty posted:

Holy poo poo thats a nice bike for 500$ Good job.

drat nice for the price! I would love to find one in that condition so I could gut it and destroy all resale value by making it into a hardtail bobber :D

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Got my rigid fender installed...

Rear Quarter Full bike...

Side shot

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I can't afford a new sportbike right now so I bought used... :)

And does this count since there are bikes in the background... it is a mod to make my bike faster:

3lbs from my goal weight....

DILLIGAF fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 8, 2006

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Arson Equity posted:

Dilligaf do you have another .. tshirt?

I need a new rear tire but I'm gonna try to ride out the chicago winter, its on the verge of "rear end cold" weather right now.

I got a shitload of them... all black and all with profanity on them... :)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Nice day for a ride and some pics...

Nice weather, had a break from the inevitable honey-do's and took a short ride. Found a couple of places to take some pictures

And, being me, I couldn't resist messing with them.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Ok... it was a major pain in the rear end, but here is the completed Air Cleaner. The leather and lacing matches my seat.

Here are the pics installed

DILLIGAF fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 25, 2006

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

For 1000cdn, that looks like a good deal!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

open24hours posted:

That is cool as hell... I would ride the hell out of that!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

RandomSporkings posted:

What the hell exactly happened in that picture? I mean, I see the front wheel snapped off, but why?

I am not surprised they snapped, I am shocked that more don't do that. The forks were never designed for the kind of abuse these guy put them through.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Ravyn posted:

stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie stoppie

So was he doing a stoppie or what? Your post was a bit ambiguous....

Does anyone make reinforced forks for those jackasses? They might be cool to have on an adventure bike to up[ the "rugged" factor a bit.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

This Wakan is my new favorite bike.

Overpriced, overhyped, vaporware with a loving Kuryaken hypercharger on the tank (another overhyped, overused, worthless peice of crap)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Had this A/C cover made and used it as an excuse to take some pics yesterday....

And the obligatory "Billy the badass biker dude" mug shot

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Being the lazy gently caress that I am, I am not going back to the construction site to take another pic just for you lugs. This will have to do...

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Buell exhaust? what'd ya get it off of, Lightning?

The header is off an older S3 (I think?) I bought it from a guy who bought it from a swapmeet so... ???

The can is something I made myself. It is a section of 4" oval exhaust pipe (from a buddy who used to be a tire man for Hendricks Motorsports) that I added some 2" turnouts to.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

vorhese posted:

All kinds of awesome

Without a doubt! I want the rear end off that bike in the worst way. Always wanted a trike and my ideal is closer to Exile's than that one, but the rear is narrow enough to work!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

R-Type posted:

C'mon bud. All the ink and hard stares in the world won't cover up the fact that you feel like a woman on the inside, and in that very photograph, you are wearing a bikini thong.

Silk.... SILK thong. Jeez... get it right, you philistine!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Found a pic of me from the early/mid 80's. The bike is a Kawasaki 454

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

teknicolor posted:

Which one's you? :lol:

gently caress you... it takes lots of luck to get this old when you are as stupid as I am. :D

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

teknicolor posted:

Oh keep your britches on, was just having a laugh. You still didn't answer my question though. ;)

Whippersnapper.... :argh:

Ah, those were the days. I was thin, had hair, my son wasn't old enough to think I was lame yet.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

jmiz5 posted:

I've added frame pucks and a D&D slip-on exhaust. It's one mean sounding sports bike.

I think my next bike is going to be a Buell. Very cool ride you got there...

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

echomadman posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA
norton commando transformer.

I was just posting this... like a failed audition tape for the new transformers movie. Cool as hell though!

DILLIGAF fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 7, 2009

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

-Inu- posted:

:)

I was there last weekend. I know, not a sportbike and not even pretending to try and get a knee down, but drat was that fun. By the end of the weekend, I had scrubbed all the chicken strips off the tires.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

eggyolk posted:

Drew a bike while bored at work today. Pencil first then inked. It's some electric superbike with active aerodynamics since I'm obsessed with bikes with active aerodynamics.

I'm a childish person and want air brakes on my superbikes already, goddammit.

First, you have some serious talent there.. I can't draw a straight line.

Second, why does your electric super bike have a radiator?

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

And I thought they couldn't make motorcycle racing as boring as NASCAR. Seems I was wrong.

Oh look, a left turn coming up!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Tang_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0m50SDRdgE&hd=1

Just our most recent ride. The usual riding area was pretty destroyed by flooding, which probably explains why its was so slippery!

What really amazed me about that video was how still you were able to keep the helmet cam. Shows how well you were using your legs and torso to absorb the shocks and bumps.

It DID look like a stupid amount of fun...

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Christoff posted:

Reposting dis right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OCNx8iuMrY

That looks like so drat much fun... Makes me want a scooter to play with.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Sounds just like any other Harley :v:

This thing is so drat :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIP2w9qevCc

That thing is loving cool... but what popped into my head watching the video, was that quote from Macbeth...

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

EDIT: Have a Ghostrider video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeQA1trE2U

I much prefer this one where he gets caught....

http://youtu.be/x74iIg4oZ94

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

niethan posted:

I would pay good money to ride this on the Tail of the Dragon, just so I could get a souvenir picture from Killboy. In full leathers, of course and trying to get a knee down.... (The contraption, not the girl.... though, come to think of it, maybe the girl too.)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Crayvex posted:

See that Harley boys? Captain America rides a sport bike with silent pipes. Loud cruisers are for communists!

Like we are going to take advice from Cobra Commander... pshaw!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Marv Hushman posted:

Exsqueeze me? Cap's unfortunate Studio 54 years aside, he rides an Ironhead Sporty all day long. Errrrr, jammed into some sort of forced marriage between a V-Rod and a Virago. But hey, he got the work done for free.

Baking powder? I actually thought this was a WLA at first, but it's a modded Crossbones. For the promotional value of selling to the three people in the world who would ever bother to make the connection...

Except that first illustration is not a Sporty.

The new Cap bike looks more like it started as a Heritage springer.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Marv Hushman posted:

Please, by all means, channel the mind of a confused and probably high mid-90s Marvel graphic artist and tell me what it's supposed to be.

The second bike by most accounts is a Crossbones, but one plausible theory maintains that it is actually an 883 Sportster....

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/5125/captain-america-the-first-avenger-rides-a-harley

I thought it looks more like the early 70's FX (Superglide) like this 1971 (My host) since it was a shovel and the heads are similar.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/preacherspulpit/1971_super_glide.jpg

The new one is most definitely NOT the 883 as it is a big twin (See primary case, nose cone, lifter tube style and alignment etc) but yeah, it could easily be a Crossbones. I suggested Heritage because they would have to do less work (similar fender style etc)

DILLIGAF fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 2, 2011

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

-Inu- posted:

We were surrounded by cruisers gassing it on straightaways and parking it in corners. There were also 2 cops patrolling the road.

I don't know when you went, or what was going on, but the times I have been to Deal's Gap, folks are hauling rear end. I lost count of how many times I pulled to one side to let the sportbike guys go flying by on the last weekend I was there, and I wasn't poking along.

Sucks that you had a bad ride.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Local PD (Charlotte/Mecklenburg NC) are now using Enduro/Dual Sport bikes...Thought CA might find it interesting. They gave up the big Harleys a few years ago in favor of BMW cruisers, now this.

This is a screen cap from my GpPro on my ride today.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

AncientTV posted:

Seeing your posts here and on Rideit is confusing as hell :v:

Must be my evil twin....:evil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I know I posted about this way back when he was still in the design phase, and again when he was trying to work out the kinks, but he is now in production. He builds these to order and they are awesome.

I present to you the Desmohog. Ducatti 900ss Cylinders on a Harley BT lower end. His reason for doing it? Just Because.

http://crossbreedcycles.co.uk/default.aspx

(My host)