Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
More stuntin'. Starting to be halfway pleased with my night time results, here are a few from last night:

And the lady took this one of myself:

inolen fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

redscare posted:

Out of curiosity, are you wearing any kind of shoulder armor under there?

We both wear the Alpinestar Bionic jacket and Dainese 3x knee pads.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

redscare posted:

yeah he's dead

LOL, he's not actually. But to add to the humor, that's his own truck that he himself parked there in that tunnel. I ride with his brother pretty frequently, and we were just laughing about this the other day.

inolen fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 7, 2009

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

redscare posted:

The big problem with stuntin' is once you've seen it once, you've seen it all

Yea, kind of like racing, once you've seen one dude drag knee you've seen it all. Or maybe like skateboarding, once you've seen one dude flip a little board, you've seen it all. Trying to delegitimize an entire sub-culture of motorcycle with sweeping generalizations like that just makes you look ignorant.

People have spent years of their life busting their rear end day in and day out to push a rapidly evolving sport that they thoroughly enjoy? Haha, what schmucks, it's all wasted because I, redscare, think it's boring!

It's not your thing, that's great, but there is no reason to spout your mouth off like a little 5 year old kid looking for attention when something you don't like is brought up.

inolen fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 29, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Eh, it's true of any sport.

Exactly. And who besides bitter old curmudgeons run around talking poo poo on skateboarding and racing motorcycles these days?

Z3n posted:

Also, as to "rapidly evolving", people have been stunting bikes for as long as there have been 2 wheels. The guys on bikes aren't doing much new that hasn't been done by someone else (ie. trials riders) in the past.

Absolutely not. The new styles and tricks just keep coming, and are not things trial riders have been doing. Regardless, I'm more talking about the legitimization of the sport as a whole. Big factories are stepping in (Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, Ducati) and XDL is becoming a rather popular event with lots of support (it's taken time for riders to learn how to be entertaining, not just technical). Did anyone go to IMS this past weekend? Did you try to see the Ducati stunt show? There is a reason it was absolutely packed, and it's not because it's boring or because nobody is interested. With the proper funding and support, the sky is the limit for this sport. We have people who are actually able to make a living off of it these days, and are out practicing and pushing the technical limits everyday now. I could go on and on, but it'd purely be from my perspective which I doubt would sway many opinions.

Z3n posted:

Not to talk poo poo about you as a person or anything, I really enjoy your posts on stunting and clanofants/etc, but the most hilarious part of it all is how strung out stunters get about it. You so much as call them on anything and you can promise a huge, multipage meltdown...the threads on stuntride and BARF after someone posted the video of the guy crashing on the bay bridge were hilarious. Yeah, going around in a circle really fast is dumb to the general population, but we've come to terms with that. Somehow, stunters haven't figured that one out yet.

Lots of the people who are in the upper echelon of stunt riders these days are laying it all down for it. Quitting their jobs, selling their houses, leaving their lives behind to move to active riding areas, road tripping non-stop, scrapping along to get to event after event, etc. You can't poo poo all over their efforts from atop your high horse without them getting frustrated. Of course there are the type who just get agitated because they are fragile people who desperately need something to feel cool about and don't want you telling them otherwise, but I don't think that they account for a lot of it (and they exist in all facets of life, they aren't particular to stunt riders). I'm neither, I've been riding while working my lovely 9-5 for years now, but it annoys me to see people act so rude for absolutely no reason.

Edit: Also, there were immature idiots on both sides of the fence in that situation. Crotchety track day guys saying Bullo deserved to die because he does wheelies on the street. Classy.

inolen fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 29, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Jabs posted:

Having seen the threads in question, I'd be willing to bet that the latter outnumber the former by a very hefty margin.

I mean, really - honestly - how many guys in the whole of the U.S. are so very dedicated to being a pro that [/b]they've already quit their day jobs[/b] to do so. 300? 500?
How many of those super-dedicated guys are there that also spend lots of time posting on internet forums about it?

Conversely, how many more are 'casual' stunters who have day jobs, and the time to sperg out about it on the internet night after night?

The threads seem to hold the proportion of A to B that I'd expect. (i.e. Many more of type B...)

LOL, you're right. I guess anyone running back and forth talking trash in those situations is pretty low on the totem pole of whatever activity they are so fond of. I don't talk to those people often (I'm on my bike, they're on their keyboard) so in my mind it's skewed differently.

inolen fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 30, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

When stunting stops being the easiest group of people to troll ever, it'll start to gain some legitimacy. Until then, it's just seen as a bunch of children playing in a parking lot.

It's just as easy to rile up a bunch of mediocre track day riders as it is a bunch of stunters on the internet, stunters are just more of a minority.

Z3n posted:

In the end: If you care what anyone else thinks, you're doing it for the wrong reason, be it stunting, racing, trials, enduro, whatever. So many stunters devote so much time to flipping out on the internet, that it's just hilarious to see a bunch of dudes all tatted up and hardcore flipping out about punk rear end bitches on the internet.

I'm posting my opinion just as redscare posted his. But because I'm pro stunting I'm doing something for the wrong reason? LOL! I'd be more eager to vote that anyone who rides motorcycles and sits around bad mouthing and making blanket insults to a whole group of dedicated motorcyclists who don't ride them in the exact way they do is "doing it for the wrong reason." I enjoy riding, that's the bottom line.

Maybe you've never been that involved or passionate about something, but every single person who is/has been cares, to varying degrees, about what other people think.

inolen fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 30, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Then why do you care what anyone else thinks? Are they going to change the way you feel about it? Are they going to devalue your involvement in it? For me, the answer to those questions is no, so...who cares how much fun people make? Who cares what old bitter curmudgeons or random people on the internet think?

I know you're trying to play captain keepin' it real here, but you're just so off base it isn't funny. Yes, this closed-minded and immature mentality you guys share does devalue my involvement. It isn't specific to the SomethingAwful forums, it's shared by a large portion of the motorcycle community, which hurts our room for expansion and growth. I feel we're cast in a rather unfair spotlight so I try to speak up and hopefully make some positive impact.

Anyways, with that said, here are some recent videos I like to watch:

http://www.vimeo.com/6922721

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x67ts1_stunt-new-training-jorian-636-full_sport

http://www.vimeo.com/8561170

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Just thought I'd post up my latest project, http://www.stuntbums.com/.

My girlfriend and quite our 9-5's and moved from NYC to the middle of nowhere in PA next to a giant parking lot to practice/ride full time as well as work on some personal projects, the main one being StuntBums.

Here is an excerpt from the press release I've still failed to send out that gives a brief summary:
"StuntBums.com is a online platform meant to bring stunting to the people. To educate the general public, bring fans closer to the sport, make it easier for riders to get into the sport and help current freestyle riders stay in touch and on top of their game."

Here are some of my favorite videos:
OneWheelNeal Learns Christs - http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/onewheelneal-learns-christs
Tone Learns Idle Part 1 - http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/tone-learns-idle-part-1
Water vs Brake Fluid - http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/teach-and-aaron---water-vs-brake-fluid
Creative use of a 2010 r6 - http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/bill-dixon-lends-a-helping-hand

And some recent photos I've taken:

One my lady took of myself:

Hope you guys enjoy!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

UserNotFound posted:

What?

He's doing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFzwd-jHfY

^^^ Not exactly a series, 1 and 2 do show the process (but from different attempts), but 3 is just a failed attempt.

inolen fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 9, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Honestly, I don't know why a lot of people don't still. I really love my setup, Dainese knee pads/elbow pads/back protector/compression shorts.

I didn't wear gear when I was doing only wheelies, as I normally had minor wrecks that gave me little amounts of rash/bruises. However, once I started doing endos and acros I started wearing it all the time as I knew I was talking about serious injuries with those tricks. I've went down twice now at about ~40mph doing endos, I'm so thankful I had "full" gear on both time. Looking back I feel dumb, as I went home so many days with sore shins, elbows, etc. that could have been so easily avoided :bang:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

I could see even a heavily ventilated textile jacket or perfed leather being very uncomfortable at the almost-stopped speeds they're doing, but I would think at least some strapped-on dirtbike armor or something would be good. At those speeds, you're not likely to do a huge amount of sliding I would think, just a lot of impacts.

Yup, the problem is, most dirtbike/motorcycle style armor doesn't fit very well for stunting. We need stuff that is tight and doesn't move around, which we've recently found a lot of Dainese's downhill mountain biking stuff works really well at.

the walkin dude posted:

More? :3

Check out the site, we're starting to amass a good bit of content.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
A little video I cut from the XDL exhibition at X-Games 16:
http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/xdl-exhibition-at-x-games-16-highlights-video

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Dubs posted:

Stuntin on an Ape is awesome.

Is that due to all the sponsorship around there, or is that his normal ride?

Before Aprilia sponsored him he was on a Kawasaki. He just got the RSV4 on the way to that event, I can't wait to see him rip on that.

Z3n posted:

That was awesome. Especially loved the ape drifting the cones and the headstand to left turn with his foot. And the attempt at the stoppie to reverse. Good stuff all around :)

Nick Apex has the nastiest acros hands down! He's started doing that switchback coffin zero thing now from the christ position, so he's standing on the tank backwards with one foot on the bar steering it around like so:

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah inolen, keep posting that stuff, you guys make stunting cool and don't annoy me like all the morons you see on the street. Plus that song is sick and I now have that mix tape thanks to the vid.

That whole mixtape is awesome!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
http://www.stuntbums.com/Contests/dainese-knee-guard-contest-enter-now

New video advertising a contest we're running to give away a pair of Dainese Knee Guards. Learned a lot doing this video, it's definitely the best little clip we've put out so far.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Cool clip, entered the contest, and how's your foot doing? That video was BRUTAL.

Foot is doing great, just still really sore. Never thought I'd find a way to wedge my foot like that.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Ringo R posted:

What do you use to record audio?

A MKE 400 submerged in a wind tunnel :v:

I was using the little wind protector accessory as well, I think I want to investigate some different options such as the Zoom H4n.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
New highlights video from the final event of our season in Indianapolis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT6JyoDwdiE

I don't mean to keep crapping up this thread, but I can't seem to find the stunting thread I started and I'm really interested in hearing thoughts from the people here as you guys represent a crucial demographic of motorcyclists that I'd love to have interested in watching these videos.

Thanks!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Make a short edit of just the F800 stunting and post it on advrider.

I may do just that. Him riding that thing was absolutely hilarious :lol:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Just rebuilt my bike for 2011:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Do they chop the stock frames for those or is it a full custom job?

It's a chopped stock back half with a custom front half. He makes full frames for around ~$2k, but the half frame is only $1k so if you already have a broken/cracked frame it's a great option.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

Does he do any geometry changes? Or just replicate the stock one?

Just a duplication of the stock one, but the added rigidity coming from an all steel frame is really noticeable and allows for faster pickups and better braking input when rolling endos. Also, now that he's put the effort into this it's led at least 3 other people I know of to start making their own frames. I'm sure we'll see some exciting new developments as more and more people start experimenting with the concept!

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

n8r posted:

Steel is generally a lot less rigid than aluminum. Nevermind that you've got basically a two piece frame now. Is there any actual engineering or proof that what you have is stiffer?

Edit: Better braking input from a frame? Okay.

I'm not a fabricator or engineer by any means, but as far as I know, when comparing a piece of steel and the same sized piece of aluminum, the steel will be "stronger." Aluminum can be stronger, but it requires more material to achieve the same strength. Regardless, the overall strength and rigidity of the frame is determined by much more than the individual metals used to create it.

As far as the 2 piece part goes:
1. The connecting joint is very sturdy. Since the stock frame is hollow in that area, a solid adapter block a few inches long is inserted and welded in and then that is bolted to the new front half.
2. The joint is in between the two rear motor mounts, so if for whatever reason the connecting joint isn't strong enough, those will be helping hold it together.

And yes, better braking input while rolling endos from this frame. When rolling endos and having the entire weight of the bike concentrated on the neck of the frame, you can really feel the slop and flex in a stock frame compared to this. You seem to act like this isn't possible, perhaps you have years of experience rolling endos that would provide some alternate insight into the situation?

Synonamess Botch posted:

Serious question, how can I learn to control my bike like that? Find a group of stunters and "apprentice" as it were? Would it be necessary to learn on dirt?

Hah, there is no apprenticing, this isn't Biker Boyz :lol: I don't think learning on dirt is necessary, and as z3n said, some people do learn on 50s. I personally think finding an old f2/f3/f4i for $1500 on craigslist and going at it on a 600 is your best bet and then hit up some local bike nights, filter through the idiots and you'll find someone who knows someone who knows someone who does wheelies in parking lots.

Leah did a short writeup about getting started and find spots here that we still haven't fleshed out:
http://www.leahstunts.com/Blog/DetailsPost/498

We also did a writeup about getting started on a cheap old bike here:
http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/stunting-on-a-budget-ernie-vigil-talks-about-riding-the-prehistoric-wonder-bike

And then we did a 3 part series where we somewhat documented our friend Tone throughout his quest to learn idle wheelies. It's not exactly the most technical documentary, but if you spend some time riding, ask some questions at your local lot and watch the videos for reference I'm sure they could be beneficial to you as you learn:
http://www.stuntbums.com/Category/riding-tips

Phat_Albert posted:

Or exciting new ways for frames to break.

I have to say the bike does look sharp, but how come the stunting world hasnt figured out a solution for flattened tanks yet? The rest of the bike is bright and flashy and the tank looks like it was thrown off a mountain, retrieved, and bolted back on.

Haha, that is possible, but the stock ones already break so easy that it can't be any worse. I just see it as another progressive step in our immature sport. What we do clearly isn't riding a sportbike in it's traditional sense, it's not trials riding and we keep working towards tweaking our machines to do what we want to do better in order to further define our sport.

Also, lots of people are starting to chop up and create really nice custom tanks, but it's just that denting them still provides great performance for the amount of work. I can't find any great close up shots, but check out Dan Jackson's tank from his 09 zx6r:

It's completely flat with a built up lip in the back for keeping in there when on the tank.

inolen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 27, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I know you're being facetious, but it really is. Stunting is about showmanship. That's what the crowd wants, yea sure the rider has to have some set of skills, but the audience just wants showmanship.

And visuals are part of that. I'm sure there are some bros watching going, "man that frame looks wicked pisser like my loving rockstar monster 3000 energy drink I just mixed with my dad's stash of vodka" and then that bro remembers the stunter with the neon frame and the stunter with the neon frame ropes up all these bros and get's an endorsement to let him buy more energy drink colored frames and then wham bam thank you ma'am he's a MOTHERFUCKING MILLIONAIRE AND THE KEN BLOCK OF STUNTING.

That's like saying any sport is all about showmanship. Not all stunters want to be flashy, plenty just want to be left alone in some remote parking lot so they can entertain themselves trying new tricks on their beater.

I personally wanted something brighter this season as I spent all last season shooting photos of a bunch of black and red bikes that just come out looking horrible in photos. I've always loved Rossi's bright colors:

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

mutt2jeff posted:

We are not talking about strength, we are talking about flex. In the dirtbike world, it is well known that steel framed bikes flex under really harsh conditions, while aluminium frames stay very rigid. Your new steel frame might be more rigid because of the way it was designed, but the likelihood that it is actually flexing less than the old aluminum one is minimal, as they don't flex hardly at all. I would be more inclined to think that endos are easier now because the frame flexes and absorbs bumps and jars better, than because it is more rigid.

I am aware of the steel vs aluminum frame situation in the dirtbike world, but we're talking a completely different frame design here, not just a steel version of the stock aluminum frame. Although I'm sure the crack I was running with on my old aluminum frame near the end of its life wasn't exactly helping my opinion of it.

Edit: Again, not an engineer here. I can only talk about how it feels to me and the others that have also started running a similar setup.

inolen fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 27, 2010

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Ziploc posted:

I love the look of that bike.

Also, how the gently caress do you learn how to do that?

http://www.stuntbums.com/articles/141/introduction-drifting-your-motorcycle

And with an extended swingarm, it becomes a lot more fun. Sir Nicholas is a beast.

Think I'm going to be picking up a new commuter bike this weekend:

Is there anything I should know about any of the odd sized, old CBs? I'd like to pick up something small just to putt around to work and back on and this 125 seems pretty awesome looking and cheap. I didn't know if there were any major pros/cons to any of them.

inolen fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 8, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Not Bill's best run, but the first 30 seconds are amazing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia9gNsvU-l0

For another view of that whip-hop trick, check out 1:13 here:
http://www.vimeo.com/25463512

So rad.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

abigserve posted:

Am I the only person who thinks this is just the dumbest poo poo? It doesn't even look good, it's like that kid at school who used to try to do bunnyhops and BMX tricks on his dads old fixie.

I definitely wouldn't say you're the only curmudgeon in the motorcycling community.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

I want to learn how to drift the Bandit like that.

But without dropping it and scratching it all up along the way of course.....

5 years later and I have posted something of worth to you.

I feel accomplished.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

I've always been curious as to why there's not more Sumos in stunting. Any commentary on why?

Glad to see you back, by the way! I've been idly cruising stuntbums when I've got some free time, there's some really cool stuff you guys have been posting.

I posted a really long post somewhere in here like 3 years ago about this.

They are great fun for endos and ok for wheelies, but with no gas tank to put your feet/rear end in they really limit what you can do as far as acros, wheelies and drifts go.

Thanks for the complement, we try hard on our budget. If we had more funding I'd really love to branch out and do more.

HNasty posted:

Pretty sure it has nothing to with the suitability of the bike, if it did they would all be stunning on trials bikes. Their target demo loves sports bikes and energy drinks. It's like asking why don't insurance companies sponsor more stunt shows.

It has everything to do with the suitability (and availability) of the bike and pretty much jack poo poo to do with dudes loving sport bikes and energy drinks.

Trials bikes are a COMPLETELY different style of riding. It's like saying MotoGP racers only race sport bikes because they're flashy, otherwise they'd be racing flat track. You're talking about two absolutely completely different sports and cultures.

Here in France there are many bikes that are popular outside of sport bikes (CB500s and RS50s are the most popular next to sportbikes), but again, they're popular because they're suitable and accessible, not because they come with a Monster logo under the clear coat.

You can buy a bike that's perfect for what we do for $2,000 and have years of fun beating the piss out of it 7 days a week pretty much anywhere in America with a maximum of 30 minutes of driving. The sport is very accessible, it's very fun, and it's really cheap compared to most other motor sports.

inolen fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 30, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003
Long video, definitely not a Hollywood production, but one of our friends who was at several of the same events as we were this summer just recently released the 3rd webisode of a show documenting his life as a professional rider that's he's been working hard to continually produce this year.

It's a good peak at what our lives are actually like nowadays and I thought it may be interesting to some of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j2E2yi2QfE

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

HNasty posted:

Ya but come on you mean there isn't any part of the stunna "culture" that is about young American males and supersport motorcycles, energy drinks, baseball caps at dumb angles, etc...?

There is part of every sub-culture that involves that in America LOL It's not inherent to the sport, it's just society currently.

HNasty posted:

Wouldn't there be just different kinds of stunts if they used Sumos or Trials bikes ?

Perhaps, but this is what people have developed thus far. Feel free to start dicking around on a sumo and pioneering a new sub-culture of motorcycling.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

Dark times indeed, I think this is what cemented a lot of the hate that stunters get.

I wouldn't call it dark times, it's part of how what we have now developed, and it wouldn't be the same without it.

StarBoyz were a huge inspiration back in the day, as were Wink, Driving To Endanger, 1096, the Wheelie Boyz, etc.

It takes extreme personalities like that to do what they did. Their actions helped spark an industry and inspire communication, all of which slowly leads to enabling less extreme personalities to find something to attach to and take an interest as well.

I think it's been 9 years for me now, and the average personality that becomes interested in stunting nowadays is NOTHING like what it was when I first got started.

inolen fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 30, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

Those dudes are awesome as gently caress and it gives the inner city youth of the Baltimore area something positive to devote their time to, like an after school football program, but with illegal motorcycles and a blatant disregard for authority and the most basic of safety precautions.

It's funny how that works - I love the Baltimore kids.

Video we shot for my girlfriend a few months back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHCLg8_yR4c

inolen fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 1, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

I would honestly be a little shocked if it wasnt that ugly. Kawasaki has a reputation to uphold here people.

Ever since the 03/04 636 and 04/05 zx10 it's all been downhill.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

King Nothing posted:

The guy standing on the motorcycle...does a steering stabilizer make your bike that stable? My SV certainly can't do that.

Z3n posted:

Throttle lock at 65 or so and bikes are naturally self stabilizing. He makes minor corrections by weighting one foot or the other.

Exactly, but he probably just raised his idle instead of locking the throttle.

Like Z3n said, bikes should naturally self stabilize, if your bike won't stay stable like that perhaps your head bearings are too tight.

Bonus video of guy doing switchback nearly losing his fingers a few years back (fast forward to 2:00) http://www.vimeo.com/1460729

Crazy bastard.

inolen fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 26, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

My favorite part is him yelling at everyone about how they have to break down the fence to avoid 2 cop cars.

It can get really sketchy at road blocks pretty fast with bikes bumping into each other, cops ramming with the brush guards, cops hitting with their clubs, etc.

So, you take your chances with funneling through the cars, or you completely avoid it and hop the median, go backwards if there is an exit nearby, etc.

inolen fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 30, 2011

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

HNasty posted:

lol.txt

AncientTV posted:

I knew you were a stunta at heart.

I've rode a lot of streets in the past, but I'm not trying to argue about the wrongs/rights of street riding, just pointing out that he's not saying that just because he can't maneuver around two cop cars. Road blocks are a terrible idea for everyone in these situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Z3n posted:

The entire thing is just really silly, because honestly, if you're gonna ride like that, if you're not willing to go the whole hog, you're an idiot. You're at the front of a group of guys 100+ strong, gently caress it, just run. Don't pussy around like an idiot, they can't catch all of you or even any of you. The first guy who hit the block should have just run it, kept the entire line of bikes moving, and everyone would have come out OK unless they were bad enough to get caught.

I'm not proud of this part of my history as a rider, but I definitely had rides that involved extended triple digits down public roads, 120+ through corners, and if you're gonna ride like that, just accept that you're either running or take your licks when you get stopped. Don't pussy around and gently caress poo poo up by trying to backtrack or any of that, just own it, one way or another. If I were in that group and some idiot was going against the flow of traffic to try and yell about breaking through a fence I'd be loving pissed, because he's in the way of me and everyone behind me getting the gently caress out of there.

This is, of course, aside from the considerable issues of doing standup wheelies into oncoming traffic. :xd:

Ride like that?

This is the thing you're missing, it's not about being the most extreme billy bad rear end super cool rider to a lot of those guys. To some sure, but most of them are legitimately just trying to have a chill day doing some wheelies with all of their friends. Maybe from the outside in it looks different, but it's really no different than me going to Quakecon to hang out with a bunch of quake nerds to 1v1 all day.

Unfortunately there aren't lots big enough for them to get together in without getting the boot, so they take to the streets where it's pretty hard for cops to rain on their parade.

Doing a lot of "going the whole hog" is what gets you locked up or injured fast and it's really not what most of these guys are trying to do. You could call it being a pussy, but I call it being halfway smart about participating in your illegal activity and having a better chance at making it home at the end of the day.