Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

It looked like the problem was that he spun the rear tire on the slick ramp. No?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

waytoofastvette posted:

My 04 r1 ----

Well, hello there. Mine:

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Tail plastics are done. the TT600 letters were cut out and there was a neon behind them. This was done by the original owner.

It's a good thing, too. That cutout lettering looks like poo poo. Get some original plastics and stick with those instead of that ricer crap. It'd be bad enough on a Japanese bike, but on an English one? Jesus.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

And on the bike:
* Ground down handguard
* Broken lever

You highsided and only damaged a handguard and a lever? Lucky!

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Xlyfindel posted:

I wonder if they're using a marginally larger RC211V for this. I mean it would be insane to do so, but I'd defect over to a honda for an engine like that.

Don't get your wallet out just yet. MCN's not exactly the most reliable source.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

http://tinyurl.com/5l5etc

Amaaaazing.

Teaser:

Multistrada, of all things.

Looks like a great way to burn your leg. Needs some sort of heat shield. Very cool though.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Infinotize posted:

Shane Byrne is one of the riders supposedly, I don't know which though.

Shane's the one they refer to as "Shakey" in the video.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Bryson City, NC, on or about 9/12/08 - Two somewhat inebriated gents on their way home from a bar during the early afternoon. Driving past the same spot a few minutes later revealed the heavy lad doing the "touch your nose" demonstration for the local constabulary.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

I took these on a trip to North Carolina. Drove past that intersection about a half-hour later, and they were being frisked by the cops. Drunk, I guess, at about 10 in the morning.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

raffie posted:

I'm in love with the orange, which has gold flakes in it. Just got a Raceshield kit put on it (not sure what it's called over there, a plastic film thingy to prevent stone chips). Still running it in, but i've already got some plans for it since i'm not happy with the power delivery and stock fuelling.

Very pretty. I know what you mean about "didn't feel the same." I once had a Honda Superhawk that blew its motor. I had the motor replaced but I never really had confidence in it after that. Ended up trading it for a different bike.

Where do you live that requires numberplates on the front of motorcycles?

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

I'm sure he deserved it.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

can rossi recover from a lowside? i don't think so

:argh: You shut your stinking hole. If Edwards can do it and Aoyama can do it, Rossi sure as hell could if he ever had to.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

That guzzi is fantastic. What are the 2 ducs that are hiding?

One's a 900SS and the other is actually a BMW K1.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

I tried! I'd like to see pictures of the K1 if you ever get a chance :)

I'm not the guy who posted those pictures, but Google Image Search is your friend.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

Saw this on the freeway today, what is it? (aside from the obvious "Ducati" answer)

1970/1971 Ducati RT450? Quite rare, actually, if that's what it is.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

cmorrow001 posted:

I'm not sure if this is really cool or unsafe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtSI4C1Lb0

It's really cool. Now you know.

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

small throttle openings

What are those?

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Z3n posted:

Not the bottom of the rev range, small throttle openings. So when you're trying to roll on a little bit out of a corner at any RPM, you're not always going to get clean, consistant response out of the throttle. I don't know how much of that is journo nitpicking and how much of it is a real issue though. Usually that's a symptom of being leaned out like hell to pass emissions, or just a really poor stock map/jetting. And apparently it's fixed in the R model as well. :iiam: First generation bikes can often have teething issues like that...the FZ1 is a good example.

Yeah, I seem to recall the early TL1000S bikes had some severe problems with that. Yamaha FJRs too, I think. It's pretty common.

I read an interview in recent months (in BIKE mag I think) with a Japanese engineer, and he was quoted as saying that some of that is down to what Japan thinks we want. He said they could have easily tuned it out (in whatever sportbike it was they were talking about at the time), but that it was their feeling that westerners wanted it that way so that it felt more powerful. I think it was a Suzuki engineer, but my memory's fuzzy. Ridiculous if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyJunk
Jul 14, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

We have a guy on our local forum who is a little goofy.

lovely trigger discipline and it looks like he's about to put a bullet through his hand too.