Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

free bowl of soup posted:

these threads are going to be way better now that you can post youtube videos

gently caress that looks painful. I'm glad the video didn't show more of her landing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

aventari posted:

garage door opener

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk

I was like "why on earth would he rig it to the hor- ooohh ho ho."

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Still, I was wincing every time they turned on the car tire. :ohdear:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

fronkpies posted:

This, and also "oh and rossi takes the tight line into the corner!!" as i turn a corner.

I'll do this too occasionally. Its a little more appropriate though, as that's actually my last name.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Shakey, noisy video of my ride through Griffith Park yesterday! I saw the thread Linedance posted, and how he just used one of those Gorillapod camera mounts wrapped around his bike, and I wanted to give it a shot with mine. As you can see, the video follows every little bump in the road.

The still images I got were pretty decent, though I need to figure out a better way to take images periodically throughout the ride without having to press the shutter release each time. I had it set to delay 15 seconds after I pressed it, then shoot 10 shots in succession. That gave me a decent amount of shots of Mulholland's curves, but I'd like to be able to just set it and have it take 1 shot every ~5-10 seconds or so until I tell it to stop. I'll get some pics up when I have them uploaded.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

There is no exhaust note only wind noise, I'm gonna work on fixing that problem. My camera set up is very simple:

Its one of these http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/TB-12-Nylon-Tank-Bag-p-138_32.html + one of these http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/images/Joby_Gorillapod_SLR%20Mini-Tripod_Grip_SLR_Cameras.jpg + one of these http://wasthatmycue.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/sd780b.jpg

Does that camera do image stabilization during video, then? My A620 doesn't, and when I strapped it to the left rearview mirror post with my Gorillapod, the video was shakey as poo poo just from the bike's vibrations. The bumps in the road make it even worse. I can see putting it on a tank bag dampening some vibration, but still.

e: Yes it does. Awesome, now I want to upgrade...

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

100 Years in Iraq posted:

People ask all the time why I live here because Mormons, lol. That's why I live here, and that's not even close to the best scenery to be had.

Took me a second to realize that you don't, in fact, live there because of the Mormons.

Those are some really nice views. I can't wait to get out on a MC trip.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
That 300 is ugly and they should feel bad for driving it.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
This has me worried that now I'll start thinking about taking the trucks off of my rarely-used Vapor 2s to use as cheap MC boots. :ohdear:

I'd need to figure out some kind of sole to put on the bare plastic bottom, though.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 11, 2009

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The proportions on that are making it pretty difficult for my brain to process. Its like when a vehicle model in a video game becomes totally distorted after a wacky collision.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Z3n knows about the shitstorm behind this, but....

Before:

So did this end up winning? Or did that 300C have a more insa- devoted fanbase? Or did you both just get dq'd?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

Why would that be illegal? Bars and clubs have to buy the licenses to play licensed music too.

I think he means its been illegal for the skate parks to play music without paying licensing fees, not for the RIAA to go knockin' on their door about it.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
One of my earliest memories is of a road trip in our old Trooper, with our bikes on the roof rack going through a tunnel in NE PA. Three huge fuckoff turkeys came in the exit of the tunnel, and everyone subconsciously ducked inside the Isuzu, waiting for the sound of wrenching metal and splattering avian mass. They must have been some ace toms, though, because they apparently cleared the bikes without incident. There couldn't have been more than a couple feet of clearance between the bikes and the tunnel roof.

VV Holy poo poo. Too big even for a tank, though, shame.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 26, 2009

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Just a few shots from my ride down Topanga Canyon Blvd yesterday. Traffic wasn't too bad, but the road certainly wasn't empty. I played a little frogger to get some of these shots. :ssh:

Facing North on TCB

Sweet Hog, Bro.

Wheee!

I wasn't getting pulled over here...

Malibu's pretty nice.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I honestly thought about a cupholder mod of some sort, but I just don't eat fast food much, even less so via drive through.

Besides, with Hollywood's lovely-rear end roads the cup would just bounce right out anyway.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Personally, I like how the train conductor waits to pull the emergency brake until the train is roughly 20 feet from the downed bike.

"u messed with the wroooong chick, bitch!"

"no u"

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 18, 2009

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Retarded Pimp posted:

French guy stuck in the desert makes a motorcycle out of an old car.
http://jalopnik.com/5343163/stuck-in-desert-crazy-frenchman-builds-motorcycle-out-of-busted-citroen-2cv

Crap, out of a 2CV no less.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The drivers in France are so bad I'm just going to assume that guy was a fireball a split second after those were taken.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

This is so weird but I dreamt that I was lane splitting and on fire. It was pretty awesome.

That's impossible, you don't live in Los Angeles.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Christoff posted:

:(

I, uh... what was the thought process here?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yeah... they're gonna make it. :911:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

MrKatharsis posted:

Then where would your precious rust free used vehicles come from?

Hey, every state west of Louisiana would like a word with you.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

reir posted:

I bet this would look awesome with the batman jacket.

I want one of these, but with a red suit to match. Classic Space Lego Man!
Really, any Lego themed suit would be really fun.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

That carbon fiber bit is making my skin crawl, but other than that its sweet. Tyte CAD skills too, Igarashi.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

I may just be a small town boy but I really don't understand how that happens. He had the engine running, but it's not like the chain was moving.

As was said, the whole reason he had it running was so the chain would move by itself so he could wipe it down faster. Even if it was in neutral, any bike with a wet clutch would probably still be able to move the rear tire a little (i.e. enough to cut some fingers off).

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Stopped at Neptune's Net on PCH for lunch after hiking in Malibu today. Lots of bikes/cars/squids/etc. to take pictures of! The wheelies were numerous and poorly executed in most cases.

The first two are of the classiest motherfucker there, if you don't have time to look at all of them. (The 300SL comes pretty close, though)

Also, second row, on the right, Z3n, you've put on a few pounds since I last saw you... :haw:

Caution, it seems the image host I picked out of a hat from PYF may have a :nws: banner ad when you click on these... Just a heads up. :(

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Ahaha are you serious? I thought it was just another dimple bike in the wild.

Upon closer inspection, that is in fact the back of your head. :doh:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

:gay:

How much is one in good condition?

There's a guy in Clarksville that was selling an absolutely trashed '86 Interceptor for like $2k and it made me sad because NO LOWBALLERS. :rolleyes:

I think you'd be lucky to pull in $3k for an immaculate '07. More like $2500-$2700 in Cali. That thing is probably worth under a grand at that point.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Couple random shots from last weekend.

Before we got started, we went to Griffith Park to investigate the side car rally that was apparently happening. It eluded us. Here we are parked in the carousel lot. Buddy's new-to-him FZ-1, very nice, very fast.

Aaand fast forward to the tail end of the ride, at Neptune's Net in Malibu. We parked up in the MC lot in front, and there were these his & hers stretched, turbo'd (?) and chromed 'busas. License plates say "DRAGLVR" and "LUV2DRAG."

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

DiZ posted:

Does anyone have saved the Ride Threat Rating Chart, the link I had is dead.

Edit - Content:

Is the rear sprocket backing out slowly or is this some tight fit custom fab business? (I'm going to guess #1, due to the... roughness of the cuts)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

It literally took me until the second to last crash to realize that the obstacles at the edge of the track were not actually there. I was too busy marveling at how many riders fixated on the bus stop/phone booth/mailbox at the side of the track...

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

It isn't particularly amazing, but its more of a 'everyday' supermoto promo video. A day in the life if you will...

http://www.vimeo.com/7654690

This really isn't helping my SM craving. :mad:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
We just moved into a house with a garage and driveway in Culver City, if y'all are nice and tidy we could possibly do some kind of maintenance day here. BYOTools though, I have but the basics.

Though with how busy we've been at work, who knows if I'll actually be around for it. :v:

If anything, a goonbiekmeet at Oki's Dog down here should happen.

e; Everyone can take turns scrubbing bird poo poo off the new* Virago!

*for MY2002

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 10, 2010

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

Not only am I 100% sure it's a pre '08 Ninja 250. I'm about 75% sure it's a 2005, as I think that's the only year that paint scheme was available (unless they replaced the tank

edit: I appreciate the compliment though ;)

But who the gently caress puts an extended swingarm on a 250? :psyduck:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
It definitely is. I ride one every day. That rear is like 6 inches too far past the tail light.

Stock 250

Though now I'm having a mental image of the rear straining under the effort of keeping that guy up, and squashing out from under the bike.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Ringo R posted:

Golden Boy Bimota Race
NWS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm8YpqNH2F4& NWS

Haha

"You have an erection."

"Yeah."

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

code:
[video type="youtube"]D92AUXhYZ0M[/video]
If you just put the direct YouTube link in [video] [ /video] tags, it turns it into that.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

if that's the diesel i think it is, i read a review in some magazine and they didn't like it much. i don't remember all their complaints but one was that it uses a CVT and therefore you get an irritating monotonous drone out of the engine everywhere you go at every speed.

That sounds positively efficiently boring if that's the case. Though if my horrendous math skills are correct it gets in the area of 100 MPG, that's pretty nice.

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 7, 2010

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I'm imagining the thing hopping up and down a little at idle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

:smug:

Dammit. I like yours and P_A's. I've got a couple I'm kicking back and forth, haven't found a great picture for the first one yet.