Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Awesome day down on the Mist Hiway just outside of Clatskanie, Oregon. Ran that road a couple times before having to deal with a Rocket III that locked the front tire in a corner. Ever try lifting an 850lb bike out of the ditch and onto a trailer?

VVV Yup, good thing.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

That road up there is awesome. We need to have a PDX goon bike meet. I know of 3 of us now that have sportbikes.

Well, that was a 2+ hour ride just to get there. I'm in Seattle (we took the back roads).

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
A guy on the local MC forum caught this at our track. Thought you'd like to see and tell me what's wrong with this image.

By the way, that bike is moving...

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Yes that's me on Nicky Hayden's Repsol after he lowsided into our corner

Me on the far left holding the rear end end of glorious RC212V

In case anyone missed my epic tale of MotoGP madness, you can read the trip report and see a bazillion more pics here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2576268

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Slim Pickens posted:

Backfire rolled around again...

poo poo, I totally forgot that was last night! Oh well, there's always next month.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Cycle Asylum: The beads are for your rear end.

That can't be comfortable upshifting with those exposed toes.

Also, that's hot.

Braincloud fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 20, 2013

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

The original description said he looked away at the pole, and his eyes hadn't adjusted back enough to see the brake lights. A moment's inattention and he just slammed into the thing. Glad he's fine. Glad he's getting a car.

This looks like a classic case of not paying-the-gently caress attention. If he were driving a cage, I'm sure he would have done the same thing.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

DILLIGAF posted:

Yep. That's the one!

Never actually used it intentionally and I don't recall if I remember even seeing it on there, though I suppose I knew since my other Sportsters have had them. Just didn't think about it either way.

Both bikes will have a lock-ectomy this week, I guaran-drat-tee that!

What the gently caress. You have to actively TRY to tighten those, and even then it's a gradual increase in resistance on your throttle that you should have damned well noticed before it got to the point of 'locking' the throttle open. Not trying to be a dick, but I'm not convinced that thumb-screw was the problem.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

6675636b20796f75 posted:

What is going on with forks? It looks like they're covered in electrical tape.

Nah, they're painted with Hammerite - Krylon spray paint that is textured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Phrasing posted:

I keep saying "Oh no! Oh NO!" over and over. This video is going to kill me.

Pretty sure I just watched two people get squished by a train :gonk: (1:08:38 ish)