Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

orinth posted:

loving christ

There were 3 photographers at the trackday today. Going to be so many pictures...

First one I found of me during the first or second session. Soooo close with the knee

How much do you feel track days have helped your riding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Wow. I wonder how much damage he did to those fairings.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I have to do this to my 500 holy awesome.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

that was pretty drat awesome. I don't think i'd be able to do they hello kitty wave I don't like letting go of the bars engine breaking is a bitch on my bike.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Seems like he would have gotten way less hosed up if his friend would have just stopped completely and not continued to video tape him.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I would have crashed not going to lie one bit.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MrKatharsis posted:

I would have slowed the gently caress down as soon as that poo poo started flying. That dumbass didn't hit the brakes until he was almost into it.

That's the thing I think slowing down would have ended up in running into something or having something run into you. Basically that guy caught amazing amount of luck.

God that KTM is beautiful. I want a 990adventure badly but it's only be used on the street and I would feel bad keeping a monster like that from dirt.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Revenant.Eagle posted:

^^ That tricolore is pretty :3:

Anyway, I made a sweet video of me putting my knee down on deals gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e505frBfQos

:)

*Note this is not me*

What a loving toolbag. I never got the big deal over putting your knee down. Good god.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That's a pretty cool video but doesn't provide much insight as to the actual process. It's pretty much I'm going to start riding. Hey I'm going to start riding on a track. Whoa I'm racing.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I was hoping Pedrosa would go down from that but that spanish midget is a pretty good rider.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Z3n posted:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1908415

I know, college humor, but...the entire video is pretty much :aaaaa:

God drat coming from a BMX background that video just made me want to go out and ride all loving day. Absolutely inspiring. And how the gently caress do trials bikers get so much more height than BMX riders? Is it because of the bigger tire and some crazy physics?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Since someone linked BARF does anyone know that guys from BARF that went on to be a Moto GP mechanic's website?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Holy poo poo what a loving rear end in a top hat.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Z3n posted:

Shutter wobble sucks. This is with the new ContourHD. It wasn't mounted super securely, so I'm sure it'll improve a bit with proper mounting.

How do you have this mounted? I might get this to document my cross country trip.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

-Inu- posted:

Why you never lube your chain with the bike running (I bet you all know where this is going)..

:nms:http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261:nms:

Courtesy of the gixxer.com forums of course. Ugh my hand hurts just thinking about it.

Holy gently caress. I ran my hand through my sprocket one day while cleaning my bmx bike chain and it hurt like a bitch. I can not imagine how loving bad that must have hurt.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

My tires would be at the elephant on the left side and 2 on the right :negative:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

What track is that? Cause holy poo poo.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is it wrong I want to ride it?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Can you even lie down in that thing? Why not just pitch a tent? Why not just rent a motel? Why? Why? Why? :psyduck:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

infraboy posted:

I'd compromise and have a Ninja 500 / GS500/ SV650/ Ninja 650, Great all rounders, can cruise the freeway 75-80mph easily, they all get 50 MPG or more, and are cheap to insure.

Theres a guy who works at a restaurant near mine who commutes about 60miles/day on a 2008+ ninja 250, he actually kind of prefers it over his 2009 CBR 600 because he told me his wrists started bothering him, and hell the CBR is considered one of the most comfortable of modern sportbikes.

My Ninja 500 owns bones and I plan on keeping it when I buy my new bike. It's really perfect for city riding.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

'

What a pansy.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/11/jorge-lorenzo-x-swarovski-x-liberace/

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Content: my girlfriend dropping my KTM. This is why you teach girlfriends on supermotos - the bike came away unscathed (as did she).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnToxPONnDE

Edit: And no, I didn't just take her out on my tall-rear end motard and say "git 'er done!" She had her license through MSF and has put a couple hundred miles down on a small two-stroke, so I'm easing her onto larger bikes.

This is awesome, the suit is awesome, the bike is awesome, the girl is awesome, you are awesome too! Seriously jealous as my girl won't even consider riding on the back of my bike let alone ride a bike on her own no matter what I offer in return.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Not as good as the Fiat colours but what can you do?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

He'll never put out the fire in my heart. (or pants)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

ought ten posted:

I know next to nothing about sportbike riding, so I was hoping you could tell me something. When you lean in a turn how do you hold your body onto the bike? Does the force of turning keep your feet planted on the pegs? Do you use your outboard knee to stay on? Friction?

Centripidal force and hips.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Some cool bikes I saw in the city parked across the street from each other.

My gf didn't get why I had to stop and take pictures.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Holy gently caress that owns so much. That race is loving awesome.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

frozenphil posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXzyUNn_MoM

Little under a second. Your bike?

Cause that's comparable at all

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

kylej posted:

This is the scariest one of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_FaZqW5pw

What the gently caress is that chick in the Evo doing? God almighty.

Hittin' the apex bro!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I enjoy the hell out of my 500 but when I rode a friends R6 it was awesome as gently caress. But it's not something I could use in streetriding that's why I'm getting a sumo to hoon on. :)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

nsaP posted:

target fixation -> handful of front on dirt it looks like to me. rider thought otherwise from the comments I just noticed.

Rolling off the throttle straightened up the bike too. That crash had all sorts of gently caress ups.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Can someone post that video of the sumo passing a sportbike in the twisties. I need it for science.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I was really hoping for a crash.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

haha This illustrates my point just as well but the vid I'm talking about it on a track.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Z3n posted:

New rule: If your phone number isn't in my cell phone before we go for a group ride, I don't ride with you.

Bad rule some of the biggest idiots I know on 2 wheels I grew up with. I don't know what that says about me.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

Everyone will probably hate everything about this but :v:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGJUg_QEAA

d'n'b is 10 times better than Dubstep so we're good.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Thats 2.8 shots per second for all 24 hours of the day. If true thats a lot of camera work.

7D does 8fps and 1d does around 10-12 not hard to imagine shooting 30k in a weekend like that. poo poo I go through almost 3k in a 4 round boxing match which is 12 minutes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3694967928005

These guys are loving nutjobs. They're ripping the 1199 apart on their facebook calling it slow.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

:stare:

How loving dumb can you be? Thousands of dollars gone because you're too cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This is awesome as gently caress thanks for sharing.