Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

inolen posted:

Getting rid of those chicken strips.
It'd be easier to just use a belt sander for that, gives you the same bragging rights either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

inolen posted:

Well at least you're not bitter.
On a forum with a strong emphasis on performance, with a specific admonition pertaining to stunting and having already stirred up a shitstorm with prior postings of your bullshit what exactly were you hoping for when you posted yet another stunta pic?

I wasn't even commenting on your stunting, that's too easy. My comment was aimed at your 'removing the chicken strips' line. If you meant it in jest, fine, whatever, it's still as much bullshit as attempting to determine one's skill level by inspecting their strips in the first place which was the point in my response.

It IS the same thing as using a sander to remove them, the point still stands.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

miklm posted:

What I'm saying is, can we please just not turn this thread into another stunts hateflamefest?
Out of respect for miklm, my last response on this subject is:

Sigtrap posted:

4. "Ricing"/"2ning"/STUNTAZ
Don't expect a warm reception if you want to ask about silly garbage like

* Clear "Altezza" taillights
* Kickin rad vinyl kits
* Underbody neons
* "NAWS"
* Getting MAD PUSSY WITH YA STUNTA KREW
* Basically anything you saw in a stupid movie about the "scene"
Let me know as soon as stunting is no longer categorized with the rest of the useless bullshit that clutters other automotive/biker forums. This rule list (along with other, more intangible things) is part of what separates AI from almost every other board on the net, and yes that includes dedicated motorcycle boards.

Inolen posted:

And yes Mapless, my comment was meant in jest.
Emoticons! (My stance on stunting remains unchanged.)

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

intel_killer posted:

Well if retro is cool, I think we should all go back to steam powered bikes :)
Like these?

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

RC212V posted:

This would truly be amazing with a Pedrosa helmet and race leathers.

Whafuck? PEDROSA?

Doublecheck the pic, that's not a recent Repsol at all.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

MB500SEL posted:

It's a Ducati 999S, with a few mods
Dry clutch, titanium exhaust, titanium chain, carbon fiber accents.
Not to bust your balls, but dry clutches are standard on all Duc superbikes and most of the rest of their lineup as well.

Nice bike for the most part tho'.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Pointless rice (lasagna?) but I couldn't help myself.

Old and rusted:

New and pretty:

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
The shocker just makes this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdO78vco7CI

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

vorhese posted:

All kinds of awesome

The video for that Gnarles Barkley song 'Crazy' should be this guy riding around being awesome.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

inolen posted:

For example, I love clutching up a seat stander and jumping and running along the side of an 18 wheeler
But like you said, you of course only do this poo poo in parking lots and not on public roads.

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

inolen posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or what, but most of the lots we practice in are full of 18 wheeler trailers..

I was, but if that's what you meant then disregard what I said. Edit: It sounded like you were talking about running alongside one on the highway.

Getting upset at stunters for practicing in parking lots (with proper approval) is like throwing fits at auto-x guys or sportbikers on trackdays. All too often it's the douchebags on the highways that cause the problems for us all (and it's actually THOSE guys that I get so up in arms about, not the people who TRULY and honestly keep it off the street).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

True. I haven't had the chance to do much of any off road riding, so my experience is pretty much limited to street/track riding only.

I know it was mentioned once before, but Godamn...are you ME?