Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Must have taken riding lessons from this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHQx307JHQ

That was awesome. It's like a guy who had ridden riding lawnmowers his whole life finally got a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

frozenphil posted:

Woah. That's got to be the same person, making this a legit biker chick and not some made-up photo shoot thing.

The bike and helmet look pretty similar to me too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

This helmet does not fit.

Try to put a smaller one on with your hair in a bun.

Sexist anti-russian pig.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Well, if there is one thing the French do well is put together a big group for an old fashioned protest.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

^^
8 days and 2 pages ago, but it's still a :wtc: thing

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gnaghi posted:

In other news, spy shots of real new Kawasaki ZX-14 just got leaked:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

What does that even mean?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

kylej posted:

But... my freedom.

I'm perfectly fine with idiots wearing no helmet or a basic bucket. They just don't get any sympathy from me when they need a skin transplant from their rear end to cover their forehead. :colbert:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I too think that people should only enjoy things I enjoy and will come up with subjective reasons to support an opinion.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Spiffness posted:

Surely we can all agree trikes are poo poo, I mean... duh.
I certainly can't imagine ever owning one personally, but if someone enjoys the hell out of one who are we to say that the ride they enjoy is really not that fun, it's actually a piece of poo poo and they'd be better off in a loving car?

Really? No thanks.

Not for me, but probably 50%+ of the bikes people own on this forum aren't for me either and I'd rate a Canam in the same category.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

A sign does not absolve responsibility.

That thing wasn't even that big of a truck, he could have taken the turn from the outside lane or at the very least waited until the lane next to him was clear or did it slowly to make sure cars next to him had time to stop or get by.

The truck driver is at fault.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

How so? He turned right from the inside lane and that was only about a 20ish' truck which should have had no problem from the outside lane.

Of course the car should have yielded when he saw it turning in front of him but I can't see the truck not having some fault in it, if not 100%.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Rudager posted:

I can't talk for anywhere else, but in Australia there's big red and yellow sings with "DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE" that absolutely does absolve them of responsibility if someone tried to overtake while they're turning.

I was ready to drop this but since you brought it up... :)

They still have to legally do the turn and take caution though. A sign is not carte blanche to plow ahead doing whatever whenever.

It's a 4 lane road as you can see from the traffic flow earlier in the video. In fact, I would say there is potential that truck was in a left turning lane based on flow, but lets forget about that.

He can take it wide in a large vehicle, but he cannot initiate it from an improper lane. He also has to ensure the lane is clear before initiating the turn. He has to follow the rules of the road like anyone else. The prius was either already next to him or imminently close.

This is the proper way to do a turn in a tractor:

quote:

I asked what about that small turning radius, he said you would veer out left a bit then make the turn right.

I tried to Google traffic laws but didn't have much luck. If anyone can find anything that supports otherwise I would certainly be willing to admit I'm incorrect.

Only thing I found supporting turning right from the inside lane is for a very oversized vehicle. As in, flashing ambers oversize.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Clearly? There wasn't enough video to tell and it's all conjecture. I don't even think he was going that fast. The truck was slowing for the turn so of course the car was going fast compared to him. Who knows.

Even so, that's beside the point. The truck turned from the inside lane lane.

I'm sorry for continuing with the derail :(

edit:

quote:

but I see that every day and you give them a wide berth, laws be damned.
Agreed. Of course he should have. But considering there is literally only 2 and a bit seconds of video prior to actual contact and the Prius is already beside him when it cuts to view at 24 sec, we have no idea what happened before or how long he had his signal light on.

All this hypothesizing is getting silly, me included.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 9, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

soy posted:

As if the sword isn't enough, he has a USA jacket..

Tried desperately to find a Peter Griffin pic with a sword and a motorcycle. :saddowns:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If it helps, he looks friendly enough. I'd be curious to know what the circumstance was with the sword though if it wasn't just a "lets do a retarded pose" thing.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Handling itself? Total talking out of my rear end, probably less than you'd think. Acceleration and overall power? Somewhat, and that would be directly influenced by the blubber quotient.

I am far from a small guy (and lost 20lbs in the past 2 months) but I guess if the rider is big enough for his belly to get in the way or shifting in the seat it could, but that's not "larger person" that's jabba the hut grotesque.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying a 300lb guy can flick like someone that's 120lb.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 14, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackMK4 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhmFDx1ekf8
Quick 40 second clip from WERA in Vegas, questionable riding.

So wanted it to turn into this

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ

quote:

and yelling at Ben Solis Sr. “Do you want to get lay’ed out!!!” as Pascarella Sr. starts to body check Solis Sr. the situation is starting to get ugly. Solis Sr. keeps his cool, walks off, doesn’t retaliate or say anything, just walks to the Pit and later filed an official complaint with the sanctioning body WERA,' the post reads.
You'd think they're lovely parents at a pee-wee hockey game or something. At least Solis kept his poo poo together.

:wtc:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ. Half way through it and had to turn it off. Middle of butt gently caress nowhere midwest seems pretty sweet.

Also, drat that was a lot of Hyundais.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

What is that?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

trailer_park.jpg

Also:
:stare: at that rifle

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not gonna lie, had to do a double-take at the mouth of the wolf print. She looks completely wasted.

Also, makes sense being a BB gun.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Ugliest for sure, it's hideous....

True. That's uglier than a Harley batwing and that's saying something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I believe it's considered an open carry since it is strapped to you.

Even in Canada it is perfectly legal to transport a non-restricted firearm (most rifles, shotguns) slung over your shoulder. You just need to have it trigger locked or the bolt removed. You just never see it due to "think of the children" etc.

As a kid I rode my 10 speed to range with my FN over my shoulder more than once.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Pulling a number totally out of my rear end, I'd say 75%+ of street light in North America are like that.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You know, we should probably have a CA version of the AI "You put WHAT on you car" thread.

Saw this while browsing local bikes. Low mileage V-Max? Hells yeah I'm interested... lets look at the photo here... GAH! What the gently caress where you thinking?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-Yamaha-V-Max-W0QQAdIdZ361532459

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gullous posted:

My understanding of accidents by gender is that men cause more expensive accidents, while women cause more frequent but less severe incidents. Jack the smack/mootmoot, for example!

Sat with some insurance exec a few years ago and that came up in discussion. He told me pretty much the same thing. You women have far cheaper insurance than young men, but in general it is still higher than mature and experienced drivers.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So who here is this retard?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/16/bc-speeding-motorcycle-video.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Silver posted:

edit: Yeah, might have been just getting out to get to the trunk. I think lane splitting is illegal in DC anyway so why check mirrors.
I don't think that was DC by the look of those plates.

Edit: Not motorcycle related but this showed as a related video for me.

Go to 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq5fUG2FILk&feature=related

slidebite fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 19, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Update
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/19/bc-motorcycle-video-victoria.html
Tentatively ID'd as an unlicensed and uninsured 25 year old with the R1 in his mothers name.

I love this line:

quote:

Investigators believe it occurred sometime prior to April 7, when the video was posted.

Edit: Also interesting how this is getting more coverage and police action then some murders get.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 20, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

$5 says he is seriously thinking of letting his mother take the rap.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Thelonious can suck snake venom out of me any day :swoon:

Back on topic.

Dude trying to fall off his connie

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

front wing flexing posted:

What's in the needle?

It's not really a needle. And by chest he meant your rear end mouth.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slim Pickens posted:

Harley tries to emigrate from Japan back to the good 'ol US, gets stuck in Canada instead. :(

If the owner gets his bike back, they should just get it running again and leave the body as-is. Makes for a cooler story.

Someone with HD tracked down the owner

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/05/01/bc-tsunami-motorcycle-owner.html

Sounds like he got hit pretty hard.

quote:

The reports said Yokoyama lost his home and three family members in the tsunami and is now living in temporary accommodation.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Bazacko posted:

This is what I feel like on my EX500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GbLdmypMmU

That link far exceeded expectations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Love him or hate him, that guy probably gets more action at 53 loving years old than most of us did at 21.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

By the angle on the pillon, the passenger would be gone in about 5 miles.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Typical Harley rider in southern alberta. 250+ lbs overweight, 5-XL T-shirt and a skullcap.

I'm not the smallest guy either, but jesus christ man I actually felt sorry for that harley.

Edit: Sorry about the bugs on the windshield. Was a very impromptu photo.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gullous posted:

How can exhaust like this NOT sound cool:

It looks like the face of a monkey or something