Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
If you guys are bored at work and need entertainment:
Ghostrider: The Final Ride

Ghostrider Goes Undercover

Getaway in Stockholm Run 1

Ghostrider 3: Goes Crazy in Europe pt1

Ghostrider 3: Goes Crazy in Europe pt2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

5 bucks says the chick on the R1 put a foot down to stop and either broke a heel or turned her ankle, dumping the bike and coming off the back end after losing her balance.

I vaguely remember seeing other pictures and possible a story along with it. She was just a very very newb rider and decided to open the throttle on a 1000cc superbike without knowing what it was going to do, then realized oh poo poo cars stopped in front of me crash

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Portable591 posted:

Does anyone have that old video, or a link to it, showing a car racing an 80s standard-type motorcycle and a race bike around a track? The car starts off, then the bike, and then the race bike starts way behind both and still wins the race.

Whenever I search for car versus motorcycle videos, it's always one of four that I've seen before: jet/car/bike, boat/F1 car/bike, Lambo/bike, and some other car versus bike video.

The video I am talking about looks older, though, like it was recorded back in the 80s.

At first I thought you meant that 5th Gear vid of the Honda BAR F1 car vs the Honda bike vs the Honda race boat thing but since you said thats not it I have no idea what it is. It sounds pretty cool though, I'll look around for it.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Had a group ride Sunday with a few local guys.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

very nice

it's a drat fun bike

Bastards with your new CBRs:argh:

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

oh just go get one

I don't have enough money yet since I doubt my F4 would sell for too much.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Todays group ride. '03 954rr, '00 CBR600 F4, and '06 GSXR600

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Turtle Parlor posted:

The stubby pipe look is beginning to grow on me. Looks rather fitting on that GSXR. Lose the passenger pegs and integrate the tail lights and it will look very clean and purposeful.

Hes getting a fender elim next and a I think some sort of aftermarket mirrors since he doesn't think his current ones let him see too much behind him

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Does being a 21 year old male in college and owning toys make me more or less of a geek:iiam:

Pictured are: kawi zx7r, kawi zx9r, honda 600rr, honda cbr600 f4, ducati monster, ducati 999s, ducati 998r, ducati 749s, suzuki gsx1300r hayabusa, suzuki gsxr750, and a suzuki gsxr600. The zx7r is on stands because it wouldn't stay up.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 5, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

Holy poo poo, offroading a supersport. That is badass

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Blackaxis posted:

wooo

That is one broken Ninja

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

Well I had my first trackday yesterday and it was a blast. It was pouring on my way there and finally let up around the time I put my leathers on.

I'm praying to God, Allah, everyone that it doesn't rain on the east coast this weekend. This will be my first time up to the Dragon and I don't want it ruined because of crappy rain :(

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Greenlantern posted:

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/-mother of god that is awesome and ive never been a fan of watching any sort of racing...when is this every year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

All the info on it you'll ever need.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

ail posted:

nice f4...is your buddy missing his neck or something?

Haha now that I think about it, I guess he is missing a neck. Hes pretty short, and overweight, so that plus a wierd helmet while wearing a jacket does give the impression of no-neck syndrome.

edit// I don't think its a dual visor, its made by Nolan. Its one of those ones that can flip the front third of the helmet up to make it like a half-helmet. I think he has this small couple inch wide "duckbill" type visor that is attached to the area right above his faceshield. Although maybe it is, I never really got a look at it. I'll ask him about it.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 25, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Ravyn posted:

Killboy what:

Lucky bastard, my Killboy shots didn't turn out so well.

Any opinions guys? The ones from my previous post were from Dragon Slayer, these are from Killboy. Which do you guys think look best.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Ravyn posted:

Nice bag load. My bike was loaded down for the trip from Minneapolis to Chicago, but not that much on the tail. I was able to split it between the tail and the tank. You can see my tank bag in the shot I'm coming at the camera - thanks to HNasty for that shot, by the way. Also, I prefer the DragonSlayer shots to the Killboy ones. Particularly, this one:

Thanks for the opinion, I like that one as well.

About what size is your tankbag? I was thinking about picking up a small one, just big enough for maybe a map, wallet, cellphone, and mp3 player.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Certainly sounds sexy.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

needknees posted:

Dragging... elbows?!?

:psypop:

Thats Ben Spies big thing, he has "Elbowz" stitched into the rear end of his leathers.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Some shots from a group ride today. Included an 06 1000rr, my 00 F4, 06 gsxr600, 02 gsxr750, a Moto Guzzi V11 EV, an 06 FJR1300, and an 01 FZ1. No love for Kawi on this ride I guess.

Erm, this one is :nws: http://xs208.xs.to/xs208/06441/DSCF0010.JPG :nws:

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

poopzilla posted:

I really wanna know where to get one of these.

I think he said he got it off ebay. His Army CO is making him take it off since he rides it to work on base sometimee and I guess a few people have contacted the chain of command complaining about it being offense to them.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Do I win an award for strangest bikes in a group ride?

1988 BMW R100RS, 2005 BMW R1200GS, I have zero idea what the hell the other yellow BMW is, then a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675, 2006 Ducati Sportclassic Sport1000 that has about every accessory possible including Termis, a Triumph Tiger, and my 2000 CBR.

The Daytona was still in the break-in period, he said it was the last brand new yellow 2006 675 sold in the US. I wish I had a better camera for the Sport1000. It was by far the sexiest bike there. Its what I want for when I get older I decided.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Portable591 posted:

The yellow BMW is an F650GS. I don't really see any strange bikes there, though.

I normally ride only with Japanese sportbikes, not by choice, just that my friends happen to have them. This is a new group, more of an older crowd I guess. I was the youngest by 10+ years.

This is the second time I've ever seen a Duc up close and probably the same for a Triumph.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

yeah this made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdyMSYxLyo&NR

Ooops, that did not turn out the way he planned.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

COOLEST REPSOL REPLICA EVER

Haha that is awesome.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

ghostrider 5 trailer-

I'm not sure what sort of bad things I would do to get that all carbon fiber GSXR1000

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

MB500SEL posted:

It's a Ducati 999S, with a few mods
Dry clutch, titanium exhaust, titanium chain, carbon fiber accents.

Sure the guy said 999S? Its got all the stuff a 999R Fila would have

edit// Minus the "Ducati 999R" sticker that goes above the large "Fila"

edit2// Oops, you're right. Its a Fila sticker kit on an S model

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 3, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
I had a Veteran's charity ride earlier today. Obviously geared a bit more towards cruisers but it was for a good cause (donating stuff for veterans) so I came out.

Some group shots:

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

SiB posted:

randon isle of mann video

http://media.putfile.com/Isle-of-Mann-TT-2005

I love that video so much. I think I've posted it before in a Youtube thread. Drifting a bike around blind corners on city streets is loving crazy

edit// gently caress me sideways, the new video Orinth posted makes my breathing get short during the top end runs they have on the straights. Gah 180+ mph

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 13, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

RC212V posted:

I was under the impression that regular, stock street bikes could get 185. I would have guessed that these bikes were modified and could hit speeds closer to MotoGP bikes.

A 600 won't be getting anywhere near that. Certainly not any 750s. Maybe some of the newer 1000s derestricted and modded but it looks like the only stock bikes are Hayabusa and the ZX14

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Another group ride today. 2 GSXR1000 k5, a GSXR600 k6, 2 1000rr, an SV650, an F4i, a DRZ, a big cruiser, a smaller 250cc cruiser, an FJR and then my little f4.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Identify this bike, please.

Modified Z1000?

Yep it is. Heres a picture of a stock one, you can see a lot of the same pieces.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Just another thread resurrection.

Group ride today with some friends. Two GSXR600, a GSXR750, a GSXR1000, a first gen ZX636, an old zx7r and my F4.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

raffie posted:

More crazy Japanese gymkhana action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-3Djh8A7SE

I can't stop saying "holy poo poo"

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Might have missed it but any idea what kind of bike he was riding on? He was flying past people on production bikes it looked like

edit// to contribute, my bike and my friends car from this past saturday.

iroc_dis fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 20, 2007

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

hahaha

found this looking at some random bands myspace

That Corgi is awesome. The bike helmet is a nice touch as well.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

R-Type posted:

If you had a choice between these listed bikes, to be used as a corner carver and kickass track bike, which would you choose?

1. Honda RC51
2. Suzuki TL1000

I'm assuming you mean the TL1000R and not the S. Regardless, the RC is still better. Very strong engine, looks mean as hell, and sounds like the end of the world. Very uncomfortable though, the seat is like a half inch thick piece of wood.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Man that MV race bike is the loving tits

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
So on a scale of 1 to 10, how safe does this look? (Three 20-22 year old males, on an 03 gsxr1000, 03 gsxr600 and an 02 gsxr1000)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
As you probably guessed, all they do is stunt. I find it cute that they all had to get "gixxers."

edit// And not even competitive stunting or anything even resembling it. These are the "how long can I wheelie down a crowded highway" type