Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

orinth posted:

Sweetest bike EVER

If you want just a straight line drag bike, why would you get a 600 :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Saukkis posted:

Do US cops use other bikes than Harleys?

In South Carolina its mainly Harleys, but theres starting to be more metric bikes like the FJR1300/ST1300 and a few different BMWs

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

spacepirate posted:

Hope he opted for a litre bike!

I think it says "750" on the tail. In which case I am sad, because I love 750s

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

I like how in some of those pictures, the body parts are unidentifiable. Ew.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Pretty crazy. Not only does it have the sidecar, but look whats on the back, and what that would imply.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

23reasons posted:

A wheelchair? Have you not seen those hydraulic "training wheel" affairs that allow paraplegics to ride motorbikes? They're pretty nifty.

I don't think I have, although they do sound familiar. I guess I'm just kinda amazed at the sort of engineering that would go into making a motorcycle handicapped-accessible

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

pr0zac posted:

Is that man... pulling off the wheel? Do they reattach it before touching down? Details man!

This is all I know:
Soldiers on reserve duty for the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) attend a military exercise marking the 80th anniversary of the founding of the PLA in Taiyuan, capital of north China's Shanxi Province, Wednesday, August 1, 2007

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Ruff Ryders on a budget?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

R-Type posted:

Never, ever get caught in the sonic boom wash of a ZX-14.

People actually buy Hayabusa-branded gear?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Oh ok he only has 2 Yamaha R7s. Thats completely normal.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

greenman100 posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for ultra high-res pictures of sweet bikes?

Like 3xxx by 2xxx at least...?

Bikewalls.com is about as close as you're going to get for that high a resolution

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

I spotted this very clean GSXR-1000 on the way home tonight

loving hell. That photo looks fake its so good

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

raffie posted:

kickass 10r

Aren't you the guy with the significant other who also has a 10r?

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Pokey Araya posted:

Oh my god...

http://feels.ru/2008/02/14/motociklom_po_ldu_15_foto.html

Sport bikes on a frozen lake. All that needs to be said.

What the loving gently caress. What on earth causes someone to think up racing motorcycles on a frozen lake

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Pretty impressive

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

pr0zac posted:

That poor R1 :(

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

COMPLETE ANKLE EXPLOSURE

I can already hear the sound of ankle bone being filed down on concrete :barf:

It'll make him more aerodynamic

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
Hrm. not sure what I think about this. Found it on Craigslist

quote:

$$$$$$$$ -- DUCATI 999 WARBIRD CUSTOM -- $$$$$$$$

For sale is my one of a kind '03 Ducati 999 Superbike. 5700 miles. You won't see another one like it. I'm a pilot and wanted this bike to resemble the baddest fighter of WWII - the mighty P-51 Mustang. It even sounds similar. Close to $3000 worth of custom House of Kolor paint. The red has a slight metallic, the silver has a very coarse metallic. The darker red stripes have mini flakes in them that really sparkle in the sunlight. The black stripes have airbrushed sculls in them. The frame is a little darker shade of gray than original with some red ice pearl added on top. The airbrushed "nose art" says SEEK & DESTROY above an angry duck riding a missile. It looks awesome in person.
Extras include: Paulimoto black anodized billet open clutch cover, Ducati Performance billet pressure plate with stainless springs and gold anodized retainers, billet gas cap, billet engraved clutch and brake reservoir covers, billet bar end caps, carbon fiber ram air covers, carbon fiber ram air inlets, carbon fiber heel gaurds and exhaust pipe gaurd, carbon fiber key gaurd, Sargent seat, solo tail cowl and standard black rear seat, Puig smoke double bubble windscreen, custom clear LED tail light and turn signals, Vortex sprockets geared lower than stock - 38T rear - 14T front - with gold RK X-ring chain 520 conversion, dual oval LeoVince exhaust cans with cat. converter removed, Dynojet Power Commander mapped to this bike with exhaust, Marchesini wheels, Brembo brakes.
NADA avg. retail is $9765. Add on all the extras I have here worth over $5000 and you're getting a great deal on a very unique bike. I'm asking $10,900 OBO.
This bike is in excellent condition, handles superbly, stops on a dime, and sounds AWESOME !!!! Located near Anderson, just across Lake Hartwell in Ga. If interested, I have many more detailed pictures I can send you. 706-308-6661

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

It's like someone took a rock and roll van from the 80s and made it into a modern day motorcycle. Buy this now.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
If it didn't have the tribal arm band, "seek and destroy," and duck riding a missile it would look kinda cool. Regardless, I would much rather spend my money on

quote:

Honda RVT 1000-RC51 Beast-Amazing - $6500

This is not your everyday bike on the road!!! 2004 Limited Edition Nicky Hayden RVT1000 RC51. Clean and clear title. $6500 is less than a third of what is in the bike!!!!!Ducati Killer. It only has about 4000 miles on it(still riding it) and has thousands in upgrades. NADA values the bike at $7856.00 Without all the upgrades. This is a rare beast.
Here is a list of upgrades:
-Sato Banai titanium Exhaust
-Gilles Rearseats(GP Shift)
-Sato Frame Sliders
-Galfer Steel front and rear Brake lines
-USB Power Comander
-Hotbodies undertail kit
-GPR Steering Damper
-Puig Widescreen
-2CT Michelin Dual Compound tires(3 months old)
-15 AFRAM Front tooth
-250 D&D Chain
-41 AFRAM Rear sprocket

Sounds almost too good to be true

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

Now that is much better.

Also:

If I got one, I would head straight to the DMV trying to get "RACOON" or something similar

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Smirk posted:

Found out the other day that a guy near me in Columbia, SC has one of those. I guess he races for a Ducati dealership somewhere in the upstate. Wish I could hear one in person. I imagine it sounds like the world ending.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

predictive posted:

BTW, I think I rode past you filling up on Alpine a week or so back.

I wish. My poo poo is all broked right now. loving carbs are so dirty it won't idle so I can't ride it to the shop to get cleaned. I'm going to have to have it towed up there by AAA

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006
loving hell. The RC51 for sale in my town that I posted a bit ago has been reduced to $6000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

That must be incredibly fun