Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

poo poo, I might be getting everything that month. For sure the Ozu double-feature, Peeping Tom, and Anatomy of a Fall

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Anyone know anything about that African triple feature?

Ousmane Sembene was a really good Senegalese author and director. I haven't seen any of his films so I'm more familiar with his writing work, God's Bits of Wood is an extremely good book about a community banding together for and during a railroad strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I cannot recommend Righting Wrongs often enough, I loving love it.

Depending on which cut you watch, it even ends with the hero of the movie, having defeated the villains and fulfilled his purpose, falling to his death and bleeding out in the ocean as credits and theme song play over shots of his body.

Yuen Biao rules :allears:

My favorite cut by far is the one where this (except for the credits part) happens, and then a ship comes by, the women onboard notice the guy pretty clearly bleeding out and are like "we gotta save him omg!!" And the one guy on the ship is like "nah, we're here for a good time, why should our fun be ruined" and turns the ship around and leaves

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy to see stuff like Underground Railroad (streaming-exclusive miniseries) keep getting physical releases

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Still the best (top 2 at worst) streaming service, and now it gets better :hellyeah:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maya rules. Great selection also, especially Picnic at Hanging Rock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Had the same reaction to the announcement, lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

me, fan of saving money and already with a billion box sets I still haven't started consuming yet: "there need to be more boxsets"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Unrelated, but is there any region A for The Pillow Book?

Film Movement has it for $20 https://www.filmmovement.com/product/the-pillow-book Only special features are commentary and an essay though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Are there instances where some of their releases will list Region B on the package itself but will actually be a region free disc? I have store that stocks a ton of their import nearby, but I've hesitated on purchases before. Still, I thought I read something to that effect on a blu ray forum.

I've heard of this yeah, but I don't know how many of their releases this is the case for, just that it's more than a few