Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Eight Mountains was good EO was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Day one on that Rohmer set

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I, Butthole posted:

The Scorsese Shorts set is brilliant. It's impossible how he started throwing around stuff of this quality straight outta film school, goddamn.

Has there been any rumblings of Killers of the Flower Moon getting the Criterion treatment?

Coincidentally I just watched How did a pretty girl like you end up here?. Incredible just how much the early Italian and French New Wave rubbed off on him while he was in school. Not a great film, but you can see greatness in it.

No idea about KOTFM, I'm surprised Apple hasn't decided to make their own Prestige Imprint as another way to cement the brand with Luxury and High Class.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They sell watches and credit cards.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

The watches are hardware and they also require an iPhone in order to use them. The credit card is new-ish and part of their services which feed hardware sales. If you go to their store web site, it's heavily pushed as a way to make interest free installment plan purchases on their hardware. It has other perks for sure but I think its main purpose is to keep you in their ecosystem. The card itself has an uncertain future since their current partner on the card wants out.

edit: but that's all getting away from the topic here. I'd love a physical release for some of their movies and even TV shows, but that is highly unlikely to ever happen.

I don't disagree that we are getting away from the topic but it should be said. Apple is not a trillion dollar company because it sells Hardware, Samsung is a hardware company, and it's not a trillion dollar company because it sells Software, MSFT is a software company. It is a trillion dollar company because it sells an identity, it is the only tech company that is also a luxury company, it has blended the trappings of LVMH and MSFT. A prestige line of blu-rays doesn't fit in their specialty as much as an e-watch does, but it does just as much as a car does.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Apple hasn’t even given a physical release to the movie that won Best Picture two years ago

Let's be fair, they forgot about it just like everyone else did the second after the Oscars happened.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Their wheelhouse is whatever they can get the streaming rights to

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's annoying as hell when they pull one film from a collection that also happens to be incredibly important to that collection. Hal Hartley's has Fay Grim and Ned Rifle but I had to go out and acquire Henry Fool for myself.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing makes me happier

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anatomy of a Falls cover is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was the best movie of that year