Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Anyone want to talk with me about Judex? I blind bought it because it looked cool, then spent half the movie trying to figure out when it was supposed to take place. (It's a 1963 movie remake of a 1916? serial). The bird head costumes are amazing, but other than that it seems pretty I dunno, standard? Admittedly I haven't watched any of the special features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I like that it's just 2 Blu-Rays or forty-three DVD's

Ignore me :downs:
VVVV

Arcella fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 10, 2017

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I got Throne of Blood, which I'd seen a long time ago, and Tokyo Drifter, which is a blind buy. Also I allllmost got Good Morning, I may have to get that in November in B&N's sale.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Picked up HOUSE and Videodrome from B&N. My wife likes "creepy" horror like American Horror Story, but hates jump scares, I get the feeling both of these are more in the former category?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Nice, thanks everyone!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Did they officially announce a Godzilla box set, or was it only announced that they got the rights?

Arcella fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 29, 2018

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I really liked House, I need to watch it again. I ended up with Asphalt Jungle and The Killers, I'm interested to see 3 takes on the same story. I was thinking of getting High and Low but it was sold out by the time I got home from work.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Figured it'd look better on the wall than folded up in the box.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
https://twitter.com/criterion/status/1151623670739193862?s=21

They are being real teases about this. Hey guys I get it, waiting on someone to email you back is a pain sometimes.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I'm holding out hope for a Godzilla box set.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Arcella posted:

I'm holding out hope for a Godzilla box set.

Welp I guess I'd better put up or shut up.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does Criterion charge for preorders when you order or when they ship?

When they ship.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
They could always go back and replace #597 with something better.

Tiny Furniture

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
OK what the gently caress

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Egbert Souse posted:

I have all their Kieslowski films on Blu and every single one is a masterpiece.

Dekalog is especially rewarding. For those concerned about it being ten hours of heavy stuff, the tenth episode is a full-out comedy and hilarious.

I should go back then, the episodes (?) of Dekalog we watched for a European Cinema class were bummers.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

codyclarke posted:

For anyone enjoying the Godzilla set, I'd highly recommend the Japanese kaiju TV show form the 60's Ultra Q, released recently on blu-ray. It was shot on 35mm black-and-white and has received a Criterion-level restoration. The series was created by Eiji Tsuburaya, the genius behind the special effects of Godzilla, Mothra, and more. I am floored by how great this show looks, and by how thoroughly I am enjoying it. The episodes are concise and breezy and boast some of the best man-in-suit work I've ever seen.

Thanks for this recommendation, looks neat :)

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Neat my sister got me a gift card for Christmas

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Chris Knight posted:

I mean this fargin thing doesn't even have an indication to show if you've already watched something.

Fuckin what

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Inspired by watching the Olympics I picked up Tokyo Olympiad. Just need to find some time next week to sit down and watch it.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Should have been The Third Man so I can actually own it

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
No Fuckin’ Thanks

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Onibaba any good? seems like a good halloween wath

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, it rules.

Kuroneko also rules.

Cool thanks y’all I got these two and the Lady Snowblood movies.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Re-release The Third Man!!! :argh:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Shiroc posted:

I watched the Citizen Kane uhd last night. Its owns. Orson Welles owns. I could watch him do anything.

Yeah I want The Third Man repressed dammit!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I like that the comments for Zeferelli’s Romeo and Juliet is people comparing notes about watching it in HS and what their teachers did about the nudity.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
After Hours is burned into my memory because of seeing the cover at the video store with his head being twisted as the stopwatch stem really bothered me as a kid.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Almost bought For All Mankind for the second time but I had already added it to my collection on Criterion. Should really get around to watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Criterion can’t be the arbiter of taste because Tiny Furniture got a release.