Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MP*DeafRei
Jul 22, 2001

Doctor of Nachology
I just want to say thanks for keeping these threads up to date and informative. Thanks to these threads I've been able to sell off my old Criterions before the new reissues come out, usually cutting the price of the upgrade by a third or sometimes half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MP*DeafRei
Jul 22, 2001

Doctor of Nachology
Hooray time to sell my old The Naked City dvd! Hope they get to do some more Dassin Criterion's, I'd really like a nicer looking Brute Force.

MP*DeafRei
Jul 22, 2001

Doctor of Nachology

lastclearchance posted:

No, the part about how he hasn't seen it but has heard good things. :v:

Sir or maddam, are you under the misimpression that Fritz Lang's M is a silent film?

edit: Curse you Deep Discount! I just bought some more Criterion's from a brick and mortar, they're sitting opened on my shelf in unreturnable gloom. :(

edit2: oh well, nothing I actually want until the new releases hit the streets. Too bad I can preorder those at discount.

MP*DeafRei fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 2, 2007

MP*DeafRei
Jul 22, 2001

Doctor of Nachology

Brian Fellows posted:

I must've missed the boat on this one... I haven't been paying attention to DVDs a ton lately (poor and unemployed), but I was looking at out of print Criterions to see if any had dropped off since I last checked, and Charade is on the list. I don't remember Charade going out of print. Is it out of print because some other company has the rights to it now, or is Criterion planning on releasing an update? The latter seems really unlikely.

The old letter-boxed 1999 release is no longer being sold as they released an "updated" anamorphic DVD in 2004. So yeah they already released an update, one which still appears to be in print everywhere.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare2/charade.htm

MP*DeafRei
Jul 22, 2001

Doctor of Nachology
Hooray! I love both Trier and Fuller. :)

I'll have to save up and put this new Europa next to my imported region 2 release. I find my self placing new special editions next to my imports more more frequently in recent years. Such is the lonely life of the double dipper and the region free'er.