Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

BlueLaser posted:

The Bicycle Thief

Holy poo poo! Something else to add to my Christmas list.

Be aware that Bicycle Thieves doesn't come out until February, so it'll be a late Christmas gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
The Marienbad cover is awesome.

I wish they would have published a new version of the screenplay and packaged it with the DVD, like they did with The Man Who Fell to Earth. If you haven't read it, head down to your local used book store and grab a copy. It's absolutely incredible, and really opens the film up in new and different ways.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Wow, glad I noticed this thread. Last Year at Marienbad for $20? Awesome.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

STEVIE B 4EVA posted:

Keeping in mind, of course, that last year they screened 1991: The Year Punk Broke and then did not release it.

Just because they didn't release it doesn't mean that they won't. At ATP I watched their hi-def transfers of a few movies that aren't on the current Blu-Ray schedule.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I was a poor sap with a Borders Rewards Plus membership, and B&N has periodically sent me e-mails with coupons trying to console me or whatever. I just got one for 40% off one item. I feel like it would be stupid not to use it on something expensive-- is the BBS Story set good?

On another note, I saw World on a Wire theatrically earlier this year, and it's great. Made me obsessed with Fleetwood Mac's "Albatross."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I've been having a really frustrating experience with the Android app for the Criterion Channel-- as in, it doesn't work on my Samsung tablet due to the DRM implementation they are using. The specs of my tablet exceed the minimums required for the app, but no videos will play. I've been in a hell loop with support, and you'd figure Vimeo would have smart people working there, but they are just giving me complete nonsense replies (example: my tablet is Widevine L1 certified and HDCP v2.2 compatible, and the support tech says that's the reason it doesn't work, because they "enforce" Widevine L3 + HDCP v1).

I've been looking around and it seems like other people have been having this same problem as far back as May, so I feel like the chances of the engineering team fixing this bug are pretty much zero. Sucks that I paid for the full year up front, as my main time to watch the channel was going to be the 5ish hours a week I'm on the treadmill.

Is anyone here running the Android app successfully on a relatively affordable tablet? If so, which model? I may be willing to buy a new tablet and give this one to my kid or something.