Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phalex
May 14, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

My Double Life of Veronique just arrived. I probably won't get a chance to watch it until the weekend, but the packaging is gorgeous.

I've been waiting for this to come out for forever. Even though I haven't actually seen it. I love what Kieslowski films I have seen, and I always wanted to watch this, but not on VHS.

Anyway, I bought it yesterday and watched it, and it is a beautiful transfer, and the 70 booklet it came with looks very nice, but I haven't read it yet. Commentary by Annette Insdorf, who on the Three Colors DVDs was very insightful, although very dry, as though she were reading the commentary from note cards.

Now I eagerly await L'enfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phalex
May 14, 2002

slayn666 posted:

Yep, a fellow goon sold me his copy. My lust for OOP Criterions is sated (for the moment).

I envy you, sir. I gave up my quest for the Coveted Killer Criterion many years ago after searching for many more.

Phalex
May 14, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

oh poo poo

For those who don't recognize it, that's Irene Jacob in Red, which means we can look forward to the Three Colours trilogy on Blu at some point. I really, really hope they bring over all the Miramax extras, though. It's an impressive suite of special features and I always enjoy Insdorf's commentaries.

This is literally the best news I've ever heard. Three Colors are hands down my favorite movies. Please come soon.

Phalex
May 14, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

Three Colors - Well, I'm definitely buying it, that's a no-brainer. The question is whether or not to hold on to the old Miramax DVDs. These are missing the wonderful Insdorf commentaries and some of the shorts, maybe some other stuff too.

It's a bummer that Insdorf's commentaries are gone, but if they released Three Colors on a waffle, I'd still buy it.

Phalex
May 14, 2002

Oh, awesome. I like Koyaanisqatsi the best, but I really like the Powoqqatsi music. I saw Naqoyqatsi in the theater, and was pretty disappointed that there wasn't much original footage, but again I like the music, so I wouldn't mind owning it.