Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
40% off at Unobstructed View as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy smokes they got The Keep next month!
https://twitter.com/thefilmstage/status/1573051215663214592

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It's leaving the channel at the end of the month, so don't skip Deep Cover if you can. Fishburne & Goldblum are perfect.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1644732339497447425

PSA to check your emails, they sent out $10 coupons for the store. Their coupons never expire and can be stacked, so you don't have to spend it now if you wanted to wait for a sale
Was it a specific code? Looks like I unsubscribed to their emails a little while ago, forgetting they do stuff like that lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oh man a bunch of Seijun Suzuki films are on the channel now. Plus Infernal Affairs trilogy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Detective Bureau 2-3 & Man With a Shotgun are great

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Fear of a Black Hat is hilarious

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Watched a couple of the 70's Car movies with my mom on the weekend. Both agreed The Cars That Are Paris was completely bizarre and a lot of fun, and while she liked Dirty Mary Crazy Larry more than White Lightning, we both loved the ending to the Burt one.

The Seven-Ups is a petty good follow-on to The French Connection, deffo worth a look.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah I stopped wanting all their emails and unsubscribed last year and missed out on at least 1 coupon lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I hate reading the monthly announcements for the Channel and seeing *US only on all the stuff I haven't seen yet

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There's so much good stuff not available outside the US this month :(

Thankfully I have a copy of Josie and a CD of the soundtrack :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Actually looking forward to watching Cat From Outer Space again, last saw it sometime in elementary school at one of the movie nights lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
On-Gaku is loving great. Add 10 years to all the characters and you'd have an Aki Kaurismäki movie.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

databasic posted:

I was so mad about some niche, uniquely pretentious fan responses to this movie
Never read the comments

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I really like how the Channel has themed collections, sizzle reels, and descriptions that actually make you want to watch the movies in question. There's a very fun element of discovery to it all and I've watched some great movies I wouldn't have otherwise because of it.
Agreed on all counts :)

Just taking into account the most recent stuff I've watched, I don't think I ever would've come across glorious schlock like "1990: Bronx Warriors" or cool documentaries like "The Art of Rap" & "Freestyle" otherwise.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I do love that we're getting Chinese Odyssey 2002 and Eagle Shooting Heroes, even though I've seen them any number times already.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The March lineup looks insane. There's not enough hours in the day already lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I can definitely see it falling under the "That was amazing, and I never want to see it again" category for a lot of people.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
idk if it's my new TV or what, but I find the sound goes out of sync for a bit, then snaps back after a few minutes, then slowly drifts out again. It's annoying as gently caress

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

hm. i never have this problem. i get much better quality on criterion than most other streaming services.
Where do you live? Watching Bronx Warriors and Escape From The Bronx, almost all the outdoor scenes was like viewing an image through a fine lace curtain.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Speaking of, this kinda blew my mind:
https://twitter.com/criterionchannl/status/1780297313442775547

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah, was great watching Go again after all these years. Big write up in GQ recently as well, worth a read: https://www.gq.com/story/how-the-craziest-cult-movie-of-1999-got-made