Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FordTimelord
Aug 11, 2004

Cacator posted:

Well DeepDiscount doesn't ship to Canada anymore so gently caress them. I need some recommendations, however: What is better for a blind buy, The Man Who Fell to Earth, Man Bites Dog, or Night and the City?

edit: personally I'm leaning towards The Man Who Fell to Earth but I've read so many mixed reviews that it's making it hard for me to decide.

Man Bites Dog is my favorite film... it's about as dark as comedy gets. It's not a serial killer movie that romanticizes violence, it's treated more like watching a door-to-door salesman do his job, and the filmmakers are keenly aware of how dull that could be. Dry, dark, and evil comedy.

I wouldn't suggest Man Who Fell to Earth unless you're a huge Bowie fan, or have a lot of patience for little payoff, because there's a whole-lotta-not-much-going-on in that movie. There's some interesting scenes and interactions with the modern earth world, but on the whole it feels like a cross between a B-Movie and a David Lynch film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU