Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Chris James 2 posted:

September announcements:

The Princess Bride 4K
Walkabout 4K
Orson Welles' The Trial
La Bamba
and Moonage Daydream

The Trial! I don't think that's ever had a particularly good release. I even bought that janky DVD... however long ago. I'm really curious how that one pans out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

gey muckle mowser posted:

Considering picking up the Three Colors set, I’ve never seen them or even know anything about them but it seems like a pretty safe blind buy.

If you're an arty snob like (I presume) the rest of us, yeah, it's about as safe as it gets.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What is the number one best western in The Collection?

Dead Man

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

The Fall owns, big L from Criterion

As much as I'd like to see Criterion take a run at a movie like that, you just never know what the behind the scenes deal is. My guess: Tarsem either doesn't have all the rights he thinks he does or he's being a prick about his fee.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 29, 2023

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

First western on the criterion channel suggested to me I will watch. It better be good!!

Dead Man

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Oh, this is fantastic.

I feel bad for not recognizing the movie that's going right now, but I'm gonna use this a bunch.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Right now it’s Tampopo. Goated movie

Ah, thank you. I've never seen that one. On the watchlist it goes.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

checkplease posted:

Streaming is neat. I just want it to tell me the title. But cool to turn on now and watch some ghost dog.

Yeah, that's my only feedback, too.

Though, it was nice to get a little rush of recognition when Yojimbo ended and Ghost Dog started. It's nice to see that's it's not just on shuffle.

It was great to just have going at work. I thought I'd care about not understanding the movies that aren't in English, but as long as they're as broad as Police Story and Yojimbo, it actually isn't that big of a deal.

...which kind of strengthens the motif of Ghost Dog and Raymond's friendship, now that I think about it. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

They have updated the "what's on now" site with more functionality. It links to the current movie's criterion channel page with special features and whatnot and says how long until the next one.

https://whatsonnow.criterionchannel.com/