Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

That list is conspicuously missing S1m0ne :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

Apparently the rights to The Fall are with Tarsem Singh now and he offered it to Criterion, but they're not interested.

Odd choice as it's out of print and would be a perfect UHD (even had an early 4K DI), but hopefully Arrow or Shout picks it up.

Seems short sighted, isn't Lee Pace everyone's favourite hot gay daddy?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I'm refusing to buy Blood Simple until they add in the joke commentary from the DVD.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

*sees posts being dangerously close to pro-Castro*

So how about that Blood Simple 4K? It sure sounds swell!

Not buying it until they bring back the commentary by Kenneth Loring, artisitic director for Forever Young Films.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

I rented the old MGM Blu-ray that had the commentary and got about 20 minutes in before getting bored. It's funny at first, but it's a bit much.

I don't care, I miss the days of DVD Easter eggs and want all the superfluous junk I can get.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I'm still waiting for them to release Kindergarten Cop. Stop dragging your rear end Criterion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwXwHR3mQ8c

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Got The Tales of Hoffmann, Barry Lyndon, and Tokyo Olympiad in the flash sale.

Had a bunch of codes saved up, so mondo savings even with the pricey Canadian shipping! :greatgift:

What's coupons, precious? I ordered from Unobstructed View which is not cheap at all and their website sucks poo poo but still the cheapest I can get up here.

I got all 4Ks of Heroic Trio, Lost Highway, Branded to Kill and Le Cercle Rouge with the last three being upgrades from DVDs.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I finally saw The Cook, The Thief... last year after wanting to see it for decades. I don't think I could ever watch it again.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Rooney McNibnug posted:

I want to watch it again (its great)

A friend warned me that Greenaway's movies were "academic" before I watched it and he wasn't wrong, it was definitely a fascinatingly well made film (and Helen Mirren is fantastic) but Michael Gambon's character is so unrelentingly unpleasant he makes Frank Booth look like Betty White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Collateral also starts at LAX which is where Heat ends :)