Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Hell yeah. Criterion Better Tomorrow, The Killer, and Hard Boiled when???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Yikes, 3 items in my cart already sold out before I could order them. Can I expect those to replenish during the sale or am I out of luck for now?

edit: and they're back. All is right with the world.

SeductiveReasoning fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 30, 2023

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Egbert Souse posted:

Seems like Arrow and Indicator still put in a lot of effort into new video pieces, plus adding archival materials. Kino includes commentaries on almost everything these days - for that matter, the extras on their upcoming 4K of Fear and Desire actually make it a must-have despite it being a pretty mediocre film (two cuts, each with a commentary, all three of Kubrick's short films newly restored and presented in 4K, plus a trailer gallery).

Fear and Desire has the shorts too??? Ah drat, I was gonna pass but might as well catch ‘em all now.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Gripweed posted:

I’m not sure why Criterion Collection decided to include as the last movie in their Jackie Chan collection a movie that has ten minutes of Jackie Chan in the beginning an then becomes a boner comedy starring five guys who aren’t Jackie Chan.

Not just that, but it’s the middle of a trilogy to which they don’t own the rights to the other two! Very bizarre. You can watch the other ones in Shout’s Vol 2 Jackie collection.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

quote:

HEROIC TRIO / EXECUTIONERS(4K)
MEAN STREET (4K+BR)
RAGING BULL (4K+BR)
BREATHLESS (4K+BR)
WINGS OF DESIRE (4K+BR)
BLOW OUT (4K+BR)
FISHER KING (4K+BR)
ADVENTURES OF BARON (4K+BR)
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD(4K+BR
MCCABE & MRS. MILLER (4K+BR)
BLOOD SIMPLE (4K+BR)
KUROSAWA'S DREAMS (4K+BR)
MILDRED PIERCE (4K+BR)
DOUBLE INDEMNITY (4K+BR)
MALCOLM X (4K+BR)

:gonk::gonk::gonk:

I had been slacking on keeping with with Criterion releases, especially their 4Ks. In addition to what I already have I think this mostly catches me up finally.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Nerdietalk posted:

40% off sale on Eclipse discs is a fun gimmick, although I wish Travel with Hiroshi and other sets weren't still out of stock.

Does Eclipse not go on sale with the regular sales?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Love Criterion Channel but their bitrate and compression is kind of poo poo and this live channel is way worse than usual. Just murdering the grain, macro blocking everywhere.