Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY
They should really try to acquire the rights to 25th Hour. People have kind of forgotten about that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY
i know all criterion releases are top notch but does anyone have the dazed and confused release? how is it?

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

Icon-Cat posted:

Cross-posted from SA-Mart: Coupons... Just got an announcement from MySpace. Thought cheap cinephiles might like to know that Amazon is doing a deal for thirty Criterion classics 35% off.

Get Three-disc Seven Samurai for $32.49 ... or maybe Fear and Loathing for just $26 ... or Fanny and Alexander for under $20

Plus "Kicking and Screaming", "Kind Hearts and Coronets", "My Own Private Idaho", "Young Mr. Lincoln", "Mr. Ardakin", "Hoop Dreams", "The Tin Drum", "The 400 Blows"...

... and of course, suspiciously featured back to back, "3 Women" "Naked". :q:

the whole sale

I know 35% off isn't much by Amazon standards but we all know the C in the Criterion logo doesn't stand for Cheap.

amazon sales are never worth it because you end up paying the same amount of money with the shipping, or it's like a few dollars less, plus you have to wait :(

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY
does anyone have a full up to date list of oop criterion dvds?

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

Og Oggilby posted:

Finally, a decent Breathless!

If Fox is finally sublicensing MGM titles to Criterion, I hope this means we'll see the Selznick Hitchcocks back in print, as well as Straw Dogs (All Selznick International films licensed to MGM by ABC a while ago).

mgm released a bare bones version of straw dogs that was one minute longer. i don't know what was different about it but it always felt like they were trying to get one up on criterion.

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY

FitFortDanga posted:

cover for Milky Way:

Ugh.

The past 4 films released by them have had awful covers. I don't know what's up but they need to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapefruit Pulp
Jan 20, 2006

PULP CAN MOVE BABY
It's most likely Berlin Alexanderplatz.