Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

the spyder posted:

Why did he eat the paint chip? Whhhhy?

Probably my favourite car YouTuber at the moment though. Way less gimmicks (paint chip aside) and good content. Also he actually finishes projects which is a nice change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I didn't watch all of the "selling my collection" videos, but the ones I did were definitely more along the "everything's for sale.....for the right price" or "I don't want to sell this but if someone offered me $XXX", so I dunno just how much I'd read into any of this.

Yeah I felt the same way. Which in this current market may pay off for them in some cases but I don’t think they’ll all go from 40 to 2 cars or something.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

I haven't paid too much attention to Tavarish lately, he jumped the shark for me a while ago, but this McLaren that he rebuilt is fully sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PALjmY6XP2Q

Is because he never releases videos anymore? Or that he never finishes projects? This one aside.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oh man I didn’t see that coming. I liked his videos a ways back but since the white lambo I’m pretty over it.

Edit: ^ in reference to Tavarish

Red_Fred fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 10, 2021

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Doug is hella weird.

Yeah I like his videos for reviewing weird old cars but find he’s pretty up his own arse otherwise.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

I'd never seen his channel before. He looks good and solid. It's a shame he had to sear himself with the taint of Tavarish and Samcrac.

Yeah I watched one of his videos about ancient wrecked M5 but couldn’t stand his video style. Also he seemed like he didn’t know what he was doing? But maybe that’s part of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

What's the story with Houston Crosta and the Bugatti insurance scam car? Last I heard, Tavarish was looking to buy that car and I lost interest due to chud. But it looks like this guy bought it and is attempting to get it working, but it looks like he's going at it in an absolute trainwreck fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/@houston.crosta

Here's the first vid of the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG1ce14OkOE

I'd like to keep watching, this is to spread the word, but also a chud check.

This was a strange watch. The dude is uh…not modest. I don’t know but it didn’t seem like he had any idea what he was doing or talking about mostly. Worth watching for the scene where he chats to someone about reconditioning the cats and the guy is really not into it :allears:

Would love to see someone like the M539 guy take on a Bugatti but doubt he ever would.