Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

You Am I posted:

Ah poo poo, I usually enjoy his videos and ignored his brief MAGA rant after the US election but yeah :(

I loved Mustie1's videos. He had a real knack for explaining what he was doing as he was doing it, but I had to unsubscribe after the Ivermectin stuff. I can't support someone who'll push that sort of dangerous nonsense no matter how good he is at fixing VW engines. I didn't know about his Big Lie stuff until now. I definitely would have dropped him back then if I had known about it.

Thumposaurus posted:

Vice Grip Garage posted story about ending an endorment deal he had with pitviper sunglasses and it brought all the nazis out of the woodwork congratulating him on his good life choices.

Can you explain this one to me? I really hope Derek isn't some sort of terrible person because I'm really running low on good project car channels to follow. Right now all I got left is Fuzzy Dice Projects and Seaside Garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Derek from vgg's wedding ring always looked to me like a thin blue line ring.

Yeah I always wondered about his ring too, but :shrug:
He's a midwestern rancher who thought it was a good idea to move to Tennessee so odds are he's probably at the very least conservative in his politics, but I've never seen him say much about anything political and he seems like a good guy. His fans who imitate his act, however...

DoriDori240 posted:

I am not familiar with Seaside Garage, will have to give them a look-see.

He's a Dutch guy who works mostly on small euro cars and mopeds, so you'll have to like those sorts of things. He's personable and good at showing his work which gives him an A+ in my books insofar as YouTube mechanics go. His channel did give me an appreciation of how easy we have it in the US in terms of working on our own cars because Dutch regulations are BANANAS

DoriDori240 posted:

Otherwise it is Fuzzy Dice and his sketchy 454

When he "accidentally" dropped that replacement valve into a lake I legit lol'd

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 23, 2021

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

If anyone hasn't ever watched My Mechanic, he's a Swiss machinist who does incredible restorations of old items. Often times he ends up machining replacement hardware for bits that have deteriorated just so that everything ends up looking perfect. The results are always impressive. Well he's now probably the only person in Switzerland who owns a Datsun 240Z that spent the last 40 years sitting in a garage in California. True to form, he takes the entire body apart for stripping and repainting. I'm really excited to see what he does with the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B13vXFj37RI

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

`Nemesis posted:

Tony must be relieved

Tony is currently soused on 180 proof vodka

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

That looks rad as gently caress