Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

It's a good thing he has fast hands to make up for his overly fast foot.

I love the car, but hate the driver :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

tractorcrusher posted:

I really hope everybody watches this video... it is quite awesome.

EDIT: VVV You must not have watched the part where he chased the ducks... VVV

I want that song! Anyone know what it is?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

The Porsche driver should be required to visit race control for a) passing under yellow and b) BEING A COMPLETE COCK - That was some really dickhead actions in there to stop a clearly faster car from coming through.
I'll agree on the passing under yellow, and yes, he's being a cock, but it seems a pretty clear cut "better driver vs better car" case. The viper had at least 4 solid opportunities for what should have been an EASY pass, and he backed off. Either something was wrong with his brakes/suspension or he's simply not as talented as the guy in the Porsche.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

Or he wasnt willing to push the issue and end up in the armco. If I see the event correctly, it was the 24hr they have there. Getting tangled up with a cock who wont let you by would kinda be bad strategy and I could see how if he tried to force the issue that it would have ended real badly.

Watch the long straight. The Viper is a faster car than the Porsche, no doubt, and he didn't get past him on a straight. I can understand backing off in a corner to stay out of the Armco, but on a long straight, he should have been able to pass.

The guy in the Porsche, though, did exactly what I was thinking the Viper should have done - brake a little later, pass on entry, and stay in front.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

The Viper at that point backed off due to a yellow flag being waved and a accident up ahead - The Porsche overtook him back under that same yellow flag - the Viper did exactly the right thing in backing off. The Porsche did something very wrong on a race track - you must NOT continue at race speeds and you do NOT race nor overtake.

And that is a "MR Steward of the event is going to have some words with you Mr Driver - and Mr Steward will be communicating said words with a baseball bat". "I didnt see said flag" is not an excuse. Ignoring yellow is usually the kind of offense they tell you to take you car and gently caress off home.

Both of them passed under yellow, so while I agree that it's wrong, it doesn't disprove my theory that the guy driving the Porsche was a better driver.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

No, the Porsche driver is a cock.
Yep. Most good drivers are!

Edit to clear some things up:

These are all taken from between 09:00 and 09:40 - basically, the end of the straight - and are sequential from earliest to latest.

This is not a yellow flag:

This is not a BMW, and they're not yellow-flagged, but it's the only car that I see them pass fast enough to justify your speed differential remark:

This is a yellow flag (you can see (two?) cars off track on the right):

This is the Viper following the Porsche around a Civic (the nose is just visible in the lower right corner, the Viper is essentially alongside it at the moment):

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 8, 2009

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

D C posted:

You never know when is your time come anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itfstFb8q1o

1. I want a romanian car.
2. I want a romanian girl.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Pace car jumps out in front of race leader and retires it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfMkYK5ntU0

Who's to blame? I have no idea whether this was a botched organizational thing.

Ouch. Pace car probably should've NOT turned out like that but accelerated along the wall then pulled out. Leader probably should've, I dunno, braked?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

RealKyleH posted:

Hey, thanks for running into the safety car...ya dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYO4yPmf5AI

Really?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

SmartPowders posted:

Oh well. If you want to continue to beat a dead horse, by all means, go on. I appreciate the comments Mom.
I think your dad owned the dragstrip. You post like a teenager, you drive like a teenager. You're a teenager.

But your dad's viper is pretty sick bro

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Wear your loving seatbelt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

... I am amazed that hamfisted 'Mericans manage to pull off tandem donuts on a public road without getting arrested, hitting each other, or hitting anyone. :dogbutton:
You do know that burnouts and donuts (especially in a V8 muscle car) are not at all complex or difficult maneuvers, right? I mean, yes, we see videos of people screwing them up all the time, but that's because they're really stupid.