Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

JingleBells posted:

The slow speed crashes are always the worst:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G--ub7D38ts

I love how it looks to have just been dry-stack. Probably just brittle with age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Extra posted:

No clue why but watching stuff like this is cathartic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2y6O4SX4h0

Did not expect it to do nearly anything it did, except load cars.

Also, Buick doesn't hold back on testing their wagons, load up 100lb bags of CHEMICALS and hit the track.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

VikingSkull posted:

I'd pay $4 for Roadkill

I ain't paying that for /Drive

SHHHH! Don't give them any ideas.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

wolrah posted:

Even in a manual that'll start without brakes being applied I'm still doing it out of habit for the most part.

You don't need to hold the brakes to start an auto either, just to shift from park. That's still strange that you'd get that far. Also what's the best way to do this?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Of course I'm on fire baby that's how you do it :smug:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

iv46vi posted:

Found this charming opinionated gentleman while looking up how locking hubs are supposed to work

https://youtu.be/n94peUZ2zGY

Good gravy I made it about halfway through.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Certainly a one way move. I like how they self prevented from leaving the scene of an accident. I'm docking two points for not fully Austin Powersing between the two beams.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

um excuse me posted:

I mean a billboard racer like the on in the video with the huge billboard will actually apply more pressure to the inner tire at higher speed. The larger the oval, the smaller the billboard for both low resistance but also because less surface area is required to keep the inner tires planted.

Billboard oval cars are hilarious examples of bludgeoning tech to make it work. They are easily the fastest cars there.

I'm just happy my first reaction "why does that car have a whole rear end billboard on it" was actually the right terminology.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
You guys have car friends?

I chat with car neighbor but I don't let it get too spicy since I know we don't agree on a lot.

And my two past car coworkers I know don't agree either.

drat I made myself sad.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The latest video makes me feel a little proud that I sprayed sound deadening on despite having no roof.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

the spyder posted:

:catstare:
The explanation for why he keeps his identity secret is worth watching the first 5 minutes for.

Yeah agreed. drat creeps.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That and he has an industry he is exposing who clearly are not happy with him airing all their dirty secrets. A 2 second attack on a high end lock with the actual attack method going back to 1934 is present today and unfixed? That was dumbfounding.

I am adding some combs to my shopping list though.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
He's right about the gas cans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

McTinkerson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcmk-LNnk7o
I've always been a big body Ford fan (Galaxy and Fairlane 500) and this is just insane.
I am in love.

Wow! The details on that car really make it. I like the louvers and door handles especially. I'm a big fan that he put an FE motor in it too.