Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

Inverted Tornado posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwC96vS3eM&mode=related&search=

Single best rally moment I've ever seen.

Oh yes, that is fantastic. I bet the co-driver said something like, "gently caress 'em, let's go."

Also in Sick Crashes, :monocle: at 5:50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

Crenshaw posted:

Thanks, but I meant info on what kind of performance that particular car had. The rear view out of it almost looked like the flip side of that "elise vs veyron" video.

I don't know what the car in the video had but from the website-

quote:

PERFORMANCE EXAMPLES:
Ford 2.0l OHC - 5.8 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. 121 mph top speed
Ford Cosworth Turbo (330 bhp) - 3.9 seconds from 0 to 60 mph. 149 mph top speed

350 bhp can be had from a Hayabusa engine from around £4k. 400 from £5k. 500 from £6k.

identikit fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 3, 2007

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

There was something on the news about people filming themselves speed through the dartford tunnel.

Fake edit: Found the article.

quote:

HOME videos which appear to show motorists speeding through the Dartford Tunnel are under investigation by Kent Police.

Footage of cars travelling through the tunnel, allegedly up to speeds of 130mph, has been loaded onto video-sharing website YouTube.

Police are studying the film to see whether drivers have committed any offences.

Chief Inspector John Frayne says anyone caught driving illegally on Kent's roads will be dealt with "robustly".

Dartford MP Howard Stoate says the drivers are playing games with other people's lives.

He says the videos appear to show cars playing racing games with each other, at speeds of up to 130mph, which is putting other motorists at risk.
advertisement

Speed cameras and automatic number plate recognition technology should be installed at the crossing, says Dr Stoate.

He said: "Not only is it a remarkably stupid thing to do, it's remarkably dangerous.

"It's much more dangerous to deal with a crash within a tunnel."

Insp Frayne said: "Anyone caught driving illegally on Kent's roads will be dealt with robustly. Motorists must remember they risk the lives of others, as well as their own, by driving dangerously."

Ted Prangnell, RoadPeace north Kent co-ordinator, said: "The speed limit is 50mph.

"What these drivers are doing is risking their own lives, and are effectively in the process prepared to kill others."
A spokesman for the Highways Agency said: "We condemn this thoughtless activity.

"They are putting their own lives at risk as well as the lives of others.

"The speed limits are set for a reason."

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/display.var.1175171.0.video_of_130mph_tunnel_dash_on_internet.php

You can see the videos in the article.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

Cat Terrist posted:

It also introduces some degree of safety into the attempt, because you *must* complete both runs and thence the one shot rockets like Budweiser Rocket will never count.

Didn't the Budweiser Rocket only have 3 wheels, therefore it wasn't classed in the car category?

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

thealphabetsez posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAhdcmIHn8

Some "gangsta" maxing his LP640.

What a colossal oval office bag.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

Sigma X posted:

Oh my god yes this was so dangerous! Cars driving that fast can spontaneously explode with the force of a 100-megaton nuclear warhead, and the explosion also causes toxic gas to expand outwards to a radius of 500 miles which will make boils appear on everyone's crotches before they burst and all their blood pours out as though it was a severed artery and they bleed to death and the blood is toxic too and anyone that touches it will turn purple and slowly all their fingers will fall off and then their skin will droop like laffy taffy and as they turn into a puddle of slime their last words will be "curse you Lamborghini, curse you Italy, you are my dooooom"

They did choose a decent spot for it, one junction was closed so it reduced the danger of cars joining infront. But it doesn't change the fact that it's a public road with other cars on it.

Okay if I had a LP640 I'd probably do the same, max it out. But at a airfield (there are several 200mph clubs in the UK that run top speed events at various airfields). Also I wouldn't brag that "219mph is possible" when the top speed of the car is listed at 220.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

Armco posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg

Onboard with Ari Vatanen, Manx Rally 1983.

Insane speed for such narrow roads :aaa:

Any rally drivers in here who could tell what the "maybe" in the pace notes means?

1:39... :psyduck:

I think 'maybe' more-or-less means 'unsure treat with care'. eg '80, flat left, maybe' would be a flat out left-hander in 80 (distance units) but go into it slower and power out if possible.

It's probably because they didn't do a complete recce and are using notes supplied from different sources. I could be completely wrong though.