Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuthje
Jul 25, 2006
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Heard so much chatter about this here, so I decided to pick it up. Just finished it, but wow, this was one hell of a read. Incredible story, if his other books are only half as good I'm going to love them all. Definitely going to check into some more Latin-American literature now, pity I never had any of those word-literature courses in high-school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuthje
Jul 25, 2006

BobTheCow posted:

I've had The Stranger by Camus on my Kindle for ages which none of you mentioned, should I start with one of those as an introduction to him?

It is the only book I've read by Camus until now and I absolutely loved it. Definitely planning to read more by him. I can't place it in the context of his whole oeuvre obviously, but it was very readable without that context.