Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

I finished A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin this week and it was amazing. I heard about the series here at SA and all I can say is: thank you Goons. The book was absolutely epic and very refreshing in comparison to the other fantasy literature I've read (Salvatore and Tolkien). I plan on picking up the next book in the series as soon as possible.

Also read through what matters most is how well you walk through the fire by Charles Bukowski and it was also fantastic. I've always been a huge fan of his poetry and it never fails to disappoint.

Now I'm off to finish The Catcher In The Rye for the nth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Yiggy posted:

I really enjoy that one too. Have you read any of Mockingbird Wish Me Luck?

Not yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I plan to pick up a copy as soon as I finish Bukowski's Run With The Hunted.

Actually, how would you say Mockingbird stands up against his other work? I might start it first if it's as good as I hear.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Yiggy posted:

:words:

I had a similar introduction to Bukowski. I read his Dinosauria, We poem and loved it, bought Walking Through The Fire and was an instant fan. I've never enjoyed poetry as much as other literature, but Bukowski hit me harder than the rest I had read. His style helped open my eyes that poetry did not have to be pretty and rhyme for it to be amazing, meaningful and occasionally hilarious ('I Hear All The Latest Hit Tunes' is a great example of the latter).

And Rain sold me on buying Mockingbird. I'm going to drop by the bookstore tomorrow and see if they've got a copy. :hfive: