Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garp
Nov 30, 2006

more illegitimate children than Tom Brady
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I've heard this book described as the feminine equal to The Cather in the Rye, to me it was far from it. The books protagonist parallels Sylvias own descent into madness after the lead protagonist Esther Greenwood returns home from writing in New York. I found the characters to be dull and boring. While it might have been a rallying flag for the feminist movement the story itself reads like a a depressed teenage girl's livejournal (albeit a very well written one).

Fluke by Christopher Moore. I was hesitant to pick up a book with a "Today's Book Club" sticker on the front but the summary was interesting. I love Moore's writing style and I'm going to pick up Lamb soon. The story is like a silly modern day Jonah and the Whale, starring a sarcastic middle aged Nathan Quinn researching the Humpback song off the coast of Hawaii. By far the best character is Kona, the white rastafarian wannabe from Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU