Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000
hooray a real book forum!

Just finished The Joyous Cosmology by Alan Watts (with foreward by Timothy Leary). Great book (albeit a touch outdated) on the topic of psychedelic drugs: LSD, Mescaline, and Psilocybin (mushrooms).

In the bathroom I'm about 80% done Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions. Great book and great "artwork" from a great writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000
Raise the Bar by Jon Taffer (host of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue'). First book I've finished in a long rear end time and it gave me the hunger for more. I've got a stack of 5 or 6 half-read sitting next to me, next up will either be Terry Pratchett's Thud, Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver or I might even go back and re-read a couple of favourites.

For anyone who's never heard of Taffer/Bar Rescue, it's an absolute gem for those of us in the industry. I highly recommend the book and the show to get a good insight on the bar business, how not to run a business and how to get people to listen to you.