Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarthVersace
Jul 26, 2001

I am The Everything.
I tend to read more than one book at once. The last couple I've finished have been The Great Gatsby, by F Scott Fitzgerald, and Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, by David Sedaris.

The first was a murder-betrayal-n-intrigue novel set among New York's Jazz Age upper crust. Surprisingly engaging, for a classic. It didn't plod in the slightest, which I find to be a problem with older novels. It's aged well.

The second was a collection of short, confessional bios and autobios by David Sedaris, who I and everyone else first became familiar with through the "This American Life" radio show. No surprises; solid, enjoyable stuff, especially when Dave's foul-mouthed little brother, The Rooster, makes him "Uncle human being" with the birth of his daughter.

Currently on the table: War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy, and A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole.

Hey. Read my comic. kthnx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU