Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I just finished Kurt Vonnegut's A Man Without a Country which was quite funny throughout. It's a short, but satisfying read, really only a few hours. Very curt, but poignant discussions on a variety of topics ranging from politics to the meaning of life. Some repetition occurs, but only a few times, that's the worst I have to say about it. I'm glad someone left it behind in the hotel courtyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Benny the Snake posted:

Gatsby

I reread it recently, too. It honestly didn't hold up for me very well. I read it in high school and thought it was one of the better books assigned. Going back to it though was fairly underwhelming. I now hold a disinterested contempt for most of the characters. Granted, the symbolism is interesting, but I find it really hard to get behind the 'greatest (American) novel ever' sentiments.