Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut. I didn't like it as much as I did Slaughterhouse V or Cat's Cradle, but it was definitely a fun read :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Dante - The Divine Comedy. Inferno was an absolutely stunning work, Purgatory was less-interesting but still a solid read, and I honestly got about halfway through Paradise and was bored out of my mind :(

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Finally finished A Confederacy of Dunces. It wasn't as UPROARIOUSLY HILARIOUS as everyone said it was, but it was very entertaining, if not infuriating at times. So much spergin'.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Off to Be the Wizard was a quick read, recommended by a friend who said that if you liked the sort of goofyness/cheesy reading of Ready Player One, I'd like it. It's definitely not the best written book ever, but it was well worth the money. Definitely the nerd equivalent of a trashy novel.

Gone Girl was the next book I read, which isn't exactly the same type of book as OTBTW. I thought it was very good, and better than the movie because you really get into Nick's head in the books that you just can't get into in the movie. A friend said he didn't like Affleck's acting because he just sorta seemed disinterested and like he didn't care, but that's exactly the point - with the movie you don't get that it's part of the character like you do with the book