Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I'm just finishing up The Bloody Crown of Conan, second in the series of three true-to-the-author versions. What an amazing writer Howard was so early in the fantasy scene. And a terrible loss that he killed himself at 36. I can't imagine the great stuff he could have produced if he lived a full life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I finished Urth of the New Sun, which I thought was very interesting and moving in parts, but confusing like the first four books in other parts. I think I might be too dim to fully understand it.

Now I'm reading Proust's Swann's Way and it's rather difficult to get through.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I just finished Wizard and Glass, fourth book of the Gunslinger series, and don't know if I want to read the last three books. I might try some new fantasy and sci-fi material.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I just finished Gardens of the Moon of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. Wow, I loved it. Gods, assassins, warriors, magic, everything you'd like from a fantasy novel and it has a good storyline and characters.

Next I'm continuing the Malazan series, getting books two through five.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Memories of Ice. I'm so glad I got into the Malazan series.