Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
The last book I read was Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. While the story is interesting enough to younger readers to allow for manga and a two movies, the book is somewhat disappoining overall, was only okay.

Just started A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick, the movie I thought was really good, hopefully the book is just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
I just finished reading The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris, which I finally decided to read (I enjoy the movie a great amount), and for the most part I liked it, though I preferred some things in the movie more. I will next go back to Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, which I had read a chapter of but then forgotten about.

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
The Hollow Earth by Rudy Rucker. A take on the hollow earth theory with large Edgar Allen Poe reference. Basically a fantasy novel pretending to be a true story, about a boy who leaves his farm in 1836 with his slave and his dog and embarks on a journey to the center of the hollow earth.

It was actually quite good, I just picked it up randomly in the book store after noticing the cover was interesting. Next I need to finish Cryptonomicon.

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
I just finished The Dwarf by Pär Lagerkvist and it was pretty much awesome. Piccoline is one of the most interesting characters I've encountered. I for the most part read sci-fi and fantasy but this book makes it to my "one of the best books I've ever read" list. I will probably check out The Sibyl or something else by the same author.

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia. While cheesy at times, it was quite entertaining, and the gun fights are nice and over the top.

Now I still have to finish Cormac McCarthy's Border trilogy, I'm currently in the middle of The Crossing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coconut Pete
Jul 31, 2004

Bad Mother Fucker
Just finished Grand Central Arena by Ryk E. Spoor. While at first glance it seems like the usual Baen cheese, it is quite engrossing. I hope that there is a sequel.