Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleil
Feb 23, 2005

Hope is... groovy.
Just finished Blowing My Cover: My Life as a CIA Spy by Lindsay Moran two days ago. I just picked it up to read during exams. It's a book wirtten by an ex-CIA Spy. She talks about her real opinions on the CIA, being a Spy, her life while being a Spy, etc. I felt like most of the book was whiny and somewhat pointless. It would be good for someone to read if they seriously thought being a CIA Spy would be incrediably interesting. A note however, is that she mentions some other guys getting picked to do the more dangerous, wild assignments, but she never follows up on what it is that they do differently than her. Oh well.

I also just finished Dune by Frank Herbert. Somehow, it's been on my "To-Read" list for about 7 years, and I finally got around to it. I loved it and probably will be hooked on Dune for a long time. I just picked up Hellstrom's Hive by Frank Herbert as well, because my combined love for Utopia/Dystopias, and Frank Herbert's writing would not permit me to leave it on the shelf when picking up the next books in the Dune series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleil
Feb 23, 2005

Hope is... groovy.
I just finished John Green's sophomore book of An Abundance of Katherines. It's definitely a one-day read if you have a few hours, as it's slated towards 'young adults'. I really enjoyed it how Green's writing style has changed some, yet retained the same aspects that were great about him in the first place. 'Katherines' is enjoyable, mostly light, and yet deals with an 180year-old's problem with being a prodigy and not a genius (which heads into the consumption/creation that humans have struggled against for centuries).

I highly recommend giving An Abundance of Katherines a try if you have an afternoon free and would like to read something enjoyable yet light.