Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

I'm usually not a big fan of 19th century literature, but it was a solid read, the whole way through. My only qualm is that by 3/4ths through the book, Dumas kills off who I percieved as the major villain, and the rest feels like too much wrapping up of loose ends instead of interesting narrative. Granted, the book is a solid 1200 pages, but it was like enjoying a mini-series that took me two months to work through.

Next up? Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy

gurntsville posted:

I just finished Vladimir Nabokov's The Defense. I've never read Nabokov before this and I really enjoyed it - I look forward to reading more of his stuff.

Pick up Lolita, Pale Fire, and if you're feeling like shorter stuff, try his big fat collection of short stories.