Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fromtherear
Nov 28, 2005
Cursor's Fury by Jim Buther, the 3rd in the series. I heard about the series on some forum, and since I'm waiting on any number of series to come out with their next book (Eragon, HP, SoIF, WoT, Feist, etc.) I thought it might be something to look into. It's faintly Romanic in society structure and uses control of "furies" which are basically elementals to add magic to the storyline. (and I'm not a fan of anything based on reality or alternate history) There's plenty of story arcs (but not too many) and focuses on primary characters and one overall goal. Aside from having the bare basics of a series, it's a good diversion of time. (I'd write more about the content but it's all flash and no flavor.)

Beating the Street by Peter Lynch. I've recently become interested in investing. It's a good primer as long as you already know something about the fundamentals of investing and how the market operates. It should really be advertised as a "common sense" approach. There are many flavors of investment help books out there. This one is good in that it doesn't preach to do any one thing, assumes the reader has a healthy understanding of what they want already, and just establishes what you should be doing (on top of anything else that you think is a winner). Recommended. :-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU