Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ranger Vick
Dec 30, 2005

Robot Wendigo posted:

Wolf Hunt by Jeff Strand. It was recommended by the goons over on the Horror thread. It's a story about two criminals who get a job transporting an alleged werewolf across Florida. It's a horror comedy, for lack of a better term. But in my experience with horror comedy, the horror is usually lightened by a tension reducing wisecrack, and violence is either so over the top you can't take it seriously and/or aimed at mindless monsters. Not so here. Strand has some outright horrific scenes in this book. The humour is never far away, but Strand has the skill to know when to let the horror stand.

I really enjoyed it. And apparently this only the first book in a trilogy.

I had a lot of fun a few years back with his Andrew Mayhem books. I imagine they fall more action movie or comedy than horror on the scale. I think I picked up the first few of them based on the titles alone, such as: Graverobbers Wanted No Experience Necessary, and Lost Homicidal Maniac (Answers to Shirley). IIRC, whole lot of body horror and violence but not so much read between your fingers scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU