Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Just finished The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. Tomorrow I'll be starting Acid Dreams: The Complete Social History of LSD. You might be able to tell that my interests lie in history...and acid.

As for Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. It felt like Hunter S. Thompson's early works with a lot less tequila and a lot more acid. The book has a lot of pages that are really just Tom Wolfe blathering about bullshit that people tell him. In it's entirety it's really a perfect counter-point to Leary, his philosophies, and his books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov
After reading Dune and finding the in that to have such a beautiful flow Asimov was a little harder. He writes more efficiently and boldly I think. But Second Foundation was exactly what I expected, a super awesome sci-fi Asimov book.

Next I'm onto Perfume: Story of a Murderer. Started it after I saw the movie and thought it was really good but would probably be better in book form. Now I'm half way through and it's a little slow at parts, and the movie isn't true to the book for time/logistical purposes. They are different.

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 4, 2007