Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima. First Mishima book I've read, and I really enjoyed it. The last sentence in the book is just very...awesome. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. It's not a very long book, took me about 2 days to finish it. The beginning of the book isn't terribly exciting, and Card's writing style isn't anything special. But the ideas in the book are quite interesting. Near the second half of the book, once he starts those "practice battles" in Command School, the entire time I was thinking what if those are real? When it turned out they were I wasn't that surprised, but It also put what the adults were doing to the children into an entirely different perspective. They weren't training them, they were using them. And the entire reason for the war was essentially failure of the two species to communicate.