Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
World War Z It's good if you want a feel good book about faith in the human race.

With zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Ubik, Phillip K. Dick
Well that was weird. The initial premise was interesting, but then it just became a fever dream about reality, like trying to make sense of a false awakening nightmare, I haven't had those since I was a kid but I remember how terrifying they were.

The Freeze Frame Revolution, Peter Watts
Guess I gotta read more of the Sunflower Cycle, the hidden message was clever and I learned something new about cryptography.

Griftopia, Matt Taibbi
A little bit more of my faith in the future faded after this. Taibbi is pissed off, and understandably so, but looking at it in hindsight with the failure of Occupy Wall Street just made me more depressed.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Just finished Matter by Banks and I can't say I enjoyed it as much as others. The whole steampunk...but aliens! wasn't as interesting as it could've been. It had its moments, The Hundredth Idiot was a nice touch, but the repeated "the drive for money and power is at the core of all human evils" theme got a bit tiresome. The last few chapters felt like he just wanted to finish writing or had a deadline looming and was going through the motions.

I liked Holse though, and for once the Ships were largely background pieces