Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

invalid user posted:

Well, this movie was that but with alien gladiator fighting. And the lowly human who I remember had this retarded costume and was kind of a chump in my late 80s-mid90s eyes. I remember a character that looked like a rat-man, guys dressed up like dracula... hrm... I remember one alien fighter looked like a giant foam bug with huge legs the guy would punch and the main badguy was like a cyborg minotaur kinda thing...

He may be an inferior species in a lovely movie, but he had a lot of Heart!
Arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Action Jacktion posted:

Arena.

haha, Quark was the rat-guy, poor ugly actor.

Thanks a lot dude :)

VinzKlortho
Dec 27, 2004
Are you the Gatekeeper?

invalid user posted:

haha, Quark was the rat-guy, poor ugly actor.

Thanks a lot dude :)

And Gul Dukat was the main villain and Ivanova was the love interest.

VaeSolis
Aug 8, 2006
Okay, I saw this movie several years ago. It was all live-action, was very long, was a kind of fantasy/fairy tale movie. The main character was a girl who was in some sort of fairy tale land but needed to get back, and there was some sort of wolfman. The end made it sound like there would be a sequel. please help :(

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

VaeSolis posted:

Okay, I saw this movie several years ago. It was all live-action, was very long, was a kind of fantasy/fairy tale movie. The main character was a girl who was in some sort of fairy tale land but needed to get back, and there was some sort of wolfman. The end made it sound like there would be a sequel. please help :(
Sounds like the TV mini-series The 10th Kingdom:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207275/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_Kingdom

I think it was divided into five parts when it was originally shown, but overall it's about seven hours long.

VaeSolis
Aug 8, 2006
That's it! Thank you so much :D

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Not sure if it's a tv show or movie but there's this one liner I'm not sure where it's from

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, no problem!"

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

IGotDConch posted:

I really think it's "Year of the Comet"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105871/

Yep thats it. I totally remember the wine now. The whole movie was them trying to find a bottle of wine from Napoleon.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Not sure if it's a tv show or movie but there's this one liner I'm not sure where it's from

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, no problem!"

"I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!" ~ unknown, but included as Dwarven joke from World of Warcraft

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alcohol

Kaiju
Mar 19, 2003

HEINEKEN!?! FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!
I am fairly certain that not one of you will be able to identify this movie for me, but I'm going to give it a spin anyway.

Back in the early 80's I saw what I think was an anthology horror movie on The Creature Double Feature but cannot, for the life of me, remember what it's called. The only details I recall is what I think is one of the short movies:

Man goes to some kind of store front and snubs a ragged homeless guy begging out front of the building. When he enters the building, he winds up falling into this empty pit. At one end is an overhead door, like a garage door, that lifts once in a while to roll in a bottle of what was probably booze. At some point during the story, the guys finds his way out, ragged and hosed up and winds up begging out front of the building like the guy he stiffed on his way in. The story ends as some guy, on his way into the building, stiffs him on his way in.

I thought this was a short from the Vincent Price movie, The Monster Club, but a recent viewing of that one (not a bad movie by any means) proved me wrong. I've done a lot of research into WLVI's Creature Double Feature schedules trying to track down a lot of the movies I watched when I was a little kid, but this one eludes me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Saw this freeky bit from a movie on Sci-fi channel. I think it's a climactic scene but anyway there's this monster creature, it's anthropomorphic but it's like an inside out person almost and it's holding this priest guy in a church. The priest is freaking out and stabbing it with a knife to no avail. Eventually it throws him out the window and he gets impaled on an iron gate. The next few details are hazy because I was channel surfing but anyway, the creature thing then lays on the bench and two of these creature things start to merge together and I think it becomes a woman. The ending is like a funeral.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark
That sounds like "Doppelganger." I only saw the last couple of minutes and was like :wtc: am I watching. Although I knew of the movie, I never thought there'd be a monster in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106753/combined

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
All i can remember from this movie, is that its a comedy of some sort, and that it contains a hardass biker dude chasing one of the main characters. The biker dude smokes cigars, is a very dirty fellow and so hardass that rabbits spntaneusly combusts whenever he rides past them on his motorcycle. He is also often accompanied by valkyrie music.

The fact that i cant remember it for the life of me has been bugging for a while. What movie is this? Please help.

EDIT: Thanks.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 5, 2007

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

GyverMac posted:

All i can remember from this movie, is that its a comedy of some sort, and that it contains a hardass biker dude chasing one of the main characters. The biker dude smokes cigars, is a very dirty fellow and so hardass that rabbits spntaneusly combusts whenever he rides past them on his motorcycle. He is also often accompanied by valkyrie music.

The fact that i cant remember it for the life of me has been bugging for a while. What movie is this? Please help.

Raising Arizona.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I saw this actioner when I was a kid, there's this dude (white guy, thing blondish/brunette with long but not like hippy long hair). These two motorcyclists come at him and he does this double jump kick with both legs extended, knocking them both off. I think he was wearing beige

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
I remember a film from when I was little (10-15 years ago), It featured a cave deep underground that had been sealed off from the outside world for a very long time, a team goes in to the cave and discovers a bunch of white (as in literally pure white not pink skinned) cave dwellers who may have been robots or wolf people who were able to make very high pitched sounds that caused the cave to be unstable (or the camera to shake anyway) who wont let them return to the surface, most of the invetigation team dies and the leader of this tribe of robot/wolves dies, possibly due to the actions of the protagonist and so he, the token pretty woman and one other survivor returns to the surface. My memory is very vague though so I could be way off on some or all counts. Its bugged me for a few years now and I'd be greatful if anyone could shed some light on what it might be.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Spadefish posted:

Sorry this is kind of vague, but it's the most I can remember. This has been bugging me for the last week because I can't remember what movie this is.

I remember there is this guy who has had a hostage for a while. There are police out front of wherever the hostage and hostage taker are. The hostage taker eventually agrees to come out, and he has the hostage in front of him. I think I remember the hostage was trying to help the hostage taker so that the hostage taker wouldn't get shot. I think the hostage taker is following police instructions, while the hostage, still in front of the hostage taker, is helping to keep the hostage taker calm, as I said before, to keep him from getting shot while they are walking towards the police. Then the hostage taker, who has been very nervous, falters or something and gets shot (I think; I'm pretty sure a shot is at least fired).
I think the hostage and hostage taker might have been related in some way.

Eternal gratitude to whoever can figure this out for me.

Cadillac Man

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
I remember watching some really crappy WWII movie in 8th grade history class about people who go back in time to stop a ship from being bombed by Japan, or something like that. And the name totally slips my mind. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

nyarlathotep667
Sep 5, 2005

Shazbot!

Slackerish posted:

I remember watching some really crappy WWII movie in 8th grade history class about people who go back in time to stop a ship from being bombed by Japan, or something like that. And the name totally slips my mind. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is it the Final Countdown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/)?

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

nyarlathotep667 posted:

Is it the Final Countdown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080736/)?

THANK YOU.

God I hated that movie.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I saw this actioner when I was a kid, there's this dude (white guy, thing blondish/brunette with long but not like hippy long hair). These two motorcyclists come at him and he does this double jump kick with both legs extended, knocking them both off. I think he was wearing beige

Could that be Hard Target starring one Jeane-Claude Van Damne?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Armyman25 posted:

Could that be Hard Target starring one Jeane-Claude Van Damne?

most definetely not Van Damme, i would've remembered, I think it was a lesser known guy, lesser known movie, I'd date it about 80's though I'm not positive

Kaiju
Mar 19, 2003

HEINEKEN!?! FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!

ReV VAdAUL posted:

I remember a film from when I was little (10-15 years ago), It featured a cave deep underground that had been sealed off from the outside world for a very long time, a team goes in to the cave and discovers a bunch of white (as in literally pure white not pink skinned) cave dwellers who may have been robots or wolf people who were able to make very high pitched sounds that caused the cave to be unstable (or the camera to shake anyway) who wont let them return to the surface, most of the invetigation team dies and the leader of this tribe of robot/wolves dies, possibly due to the actions of the protagonist and so he, the token pretty woman and one other survivor returns to the surface. My memory is very vague though so I could be way off on some or all counts. Its bugged me for a few years now and I'd be greatful if anyone could shed some light on what it might be.
There's a movie from the 80's that sounds like this called What Waits Below.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Kaiju posted:

There's a movie from the 80's that sounds like this called What Waits Below.

That sounds exactly like it thanks.

giangurgolo
Jun 3, 2004
pulcinello
Posted from Ask/Tell:

There was this movie in this lower class village that I guess was in France or something where a man falls in love with a woman and as an attestment to his fanatical love for her sews the bow she wore on her head that he found to his stomach and hangs himself when she marries some wealthier dude. I remember the end with some other guy investigating the whole thing carefully taking out the bloody bow from the guy's stomach by a fireplace or some crap. The lovesick man had a moustache and I think the girl was blonde and she didn't care about him. It was a French movie with English subtitles if I remember correctly.

The thing I remember the most was the stitching of the bow onto his belly which was painful to watch.

Any clues what this movie was?

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
Okay I remember most of the movie and it was very good. It was a western in modern times with a murder mystery, it had middle aged characters and a romance between them (which gave it a big 'reality' feeling), and I believe the villain was played by Tom Skerrit. What was that title?

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

stawk Archer posted:

Okay I remember most of the movie and it was very good. It was a western in modern times with a murder mystery, it had middle aged characters and a romance between them (which gave it a big 'reality' feeling), and I believe the villain was played by Tom Skerrit. What was that title?

Was it Texas Rangers?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193560/

Dude, if you know for a fact Tom Skeritt is in it, why not just IMDB it?

Most of the posts here are for more obscure requests, scenes remembered, vague images from childhood, saw that great movie 2 years ago, don't remember who was in it, etc. etc.

Fitzcarraldo
Aug 25, 2004

Less talk more opera
I remember watching this in the early nineties but it was definantly an 80's movie based on what little recollection I have on the characters mop-hair.
Something along the lines of a bunch of kids [high school/uni] who go back in time [?] or create some sort of insane machine that teleports them places.

The one scene I remember is our group of heroes combating a t-rex with machine-guns and grenade launchers :wtc:. I think they eventually kill the sucker and go on time-travelling or whatever the gently caress.
Vague I know, but there cant be that many movies with people blowing up dinosaurs. :yoshi::hellyeah:

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Fitzcarraldo posted:

I remember watching this in the early nineties but it was definantly an 80's movie based on what little recollection I have on the characters mop-hair.
Something along the lines of a bunch of kids [high school/uni] who go back in time [?] or create some sort of insane machine that teleports them places.

I'm pretty sure this is My Science Project
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089652/

Fitzcarraldo
Aug 25, 2004

Less talk more opera

Scrot Eel posted:

I'm pretty sure this is My Science Project
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089652/

Yeah that looks like it, thanks.
Tagline: 'The funniest sci-fi movie of the summer.'
Indeed
Wasnt very funny at the time, T-rex scared the hell out of my pre-jurrasic park, childhood mind. :cry:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It is totally my science project. And yes the T-rex was not funneh!

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

invalid user posted:

Was it Texas Rangers?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193560/

Dude, if you know for a fact Tom Skeritt is in it, why not just IMDB it?

Most of the posts here are for more obscure requests, scenes remembered, vague images from childhood, saw that great movie 2 years ago, don't remember who was in it, etc. etc.

I found it: It was Lone Star, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116905/ and it didn't have Tom Skerrit, even though I thought it did.

It's reminiscent of the one movie where Robert Redford takes over as a prison warden and finds a lot of bad stuff has been happening. (Brubaker)

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Alright I'm looking for an 80's horror movie. I think it was called something like Creepy Crawlies. I remember it had a bunch of teenagers trapped in a house with demons kind of like in Evil Dead. There was a main vampire type bad guy and I remember him changing one of the kids into a demon by turning a chess piece from white to black. Also one thing that stands out in this movie is that the little kid in the movie is killed.

edit-->This is Spookies from 1987.

Another 80's movie I'm looking for was a vampire movie that was always on USA. It had a guy and girl who where in love and the main vampire kidnaps the girl and turns her into a vampire. The main guys also gets turned into a vampire and theres a scene where he is left in a car with a belt tied around the steering wheel so it would keep doing circles in the desert. I could have sworn it was called Night Life but cant find anything on IMDB.

edit--> You know I think this is the made for TV movie 'Nightlife' from 1990 but the description is kind of vague on IMDB. I need to find a copy to be sure.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 15, 2007

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Boinks posted:

Alright I'm looking for an 80's horror movie. I think it was called something like Creepy Crawlies. I remember it had a bunch of teenagers trapped in a house with demons kind of like in Evil Dead. There was a main vampire type bad guy and I remember him changing one of the kids into a demon by turning a chess piece from white to black. Also one thing that stands out in this movie is that the little kid in the movie is killed.

My gf says this one might be Night of the Demons.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

No its not Night of the Demons I have that one. Its close but much further under the radar.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
A Japanese movie in black and white about a girl who lives in a hut in the middle of a field of long grass, possibly with her mother. Whenver she tries to leave the area surrounding her home a weird mock-up of a demon appears and scares her back into the house.

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello

Gasmask posted:

A Japanese movie in black and white about a girl who lives in a hut in the middle of a field of long grass, possibly with her mother. Whenver she tries to leave the area surrounding her home a weird mock-up of a demon appears and scares her back into the house.

'Onibaba', directed by Shindo Kaneto.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

vertov posted:

'Onibaba', directed by Shindo Kaneto.

That's the one, thank you!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Not that I want to watch it but I remember back in the 90s there was this hubbub about a Disney movie, football high school kids doing HS things. One scene had a couple guys laying on a road for some reason and a couple real life idiots thought it would be a good idea to try it. Thusly they died.

can anyone ID the movie and why it was such a totally tubular scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Alan Smithee posted:

Not that I want to watch it but I remember back in the 90s there was this hubbub about a Disney movie, football high school kids doing HS things. One scene had a couple guys laying on a road for some reason and a couple real life idiots thought it would be a good idea to try it. Thusly they died.

can anyone ID the movie and why it was such a totally tubular scene?

The movie is called The Program, with James Caan. Touchstone, not Disney.

As for that scene:

quote:

Controversy

The film originally included a scene in which team members lied down in the street as cars drove by to demonstrate their bravery and team unity. After one or more youngsters imitated this scene and were either killed or suffered injuries, the filmmakers pulled the scene from the movie.