Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Okay, here's three I'm looking for

1. All I remember is a scene like a school dance and the floor opens up and it turns out to be a pool and everyone starts swimming and then something happens and the floor starts closing again and people are fighting to get out. Honestly I don't even know if it wasn't a dream.

2. I saw this on a movie that had a bunch of clips from different horror movies, nost in the the genre of the Toxic Avenger. The movie I'm trying to find is about some people moving into a house and then going crazy/getting haunted. The specific clip I remember is the 'hero' going into the front room with a lady sitting at a table, he sets down a shotgun and one shell rolls onto the floor. The 'hero' bends over to pick it up and when he stands again, the lady is a monster. There might be a part with a haunted stuffed fish.

3. This is the important one
I saw this in the early to mid 90s, Scientist creates robot that looks exactly like a human, robot either goes haywire or misinterperets its orders and starts killing people. The scientist dies/get killed when the robot steps on his hands when he is hanging over some machinery. A group of people get stuck in the building with the robot and it starts killing them one at a time. The people decide to make sure no one is a robot by cutting everyones fingers to make sure they bleed. The fat guy's finger gets infected and the robot rips it off. The girl hero goes into a room and sees the latina girl with her head blown off and a note on her saying "There's two" apparently the girl robot was weaker because she could bleed. Eventually only the guy and girl 'heroes' are left and they get out. But the robot comes after them and they get control of this giant robot that rips the bad robot in half but the bad robot gets on top of the hood of the truck they're leaving in and they shoot it or something and get away.
This movie has been shown on the Sci-Fi channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

FitFortDanga posted:

That's vaguely like a scene from It's A Wonderful Life.

Based on how old the memory of the scene feels to me I do believe you are right. Thank you very much.

PonchtheJedi posted:

This sounds like House. There is a scene where the hero keeps thinking his pretty neighbor is turning into a fat witch monster.

I just watched the trailer on YouTube and this is what I was thinking of. Thank you very much.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Just thought of another one

It was a collection of shorts about sex.
The shorts I remember were one in which two miniature claymation critters film a couple having sex, one in which these little animated guys are watching a stripper and they keep dying, and the last one is basically an encyclopedia of terms for and about the penis as cartoons.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

quote:

3. This is the important one
I saw this in the early to mid 90s, Scientist creates robot that looks exactly like a human, robot either goes haywire or misinterperets its orders and starts killing people. The scientist dies/get killed when the robot steps on his hands when he is hanging over some machinery. A group of people get stuck in the building with the robot and it starts killing them one at a time. The people decide to make sure no one is a robot by cutting everyones fingers to make sure they bleed. The fat guy's finger gets infected and the robot rips it off. The girl hero goes into a room and sees the latina girl with her head blown off and a note on her saying "There's two" apparently the girl robot was weaker because she could bleed. Eventually only the guy and girl 'heroes' are left and they get out. But the robot comes after them and they get control of this giant robot that rips the bad robot in half but the bad robot gets on top of the hood of the truck they're leaving in and they shoot it or something and get away.

Does anyone have any clue on this at all.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I figure that since someone figured out Renaissance from about three sentences, I post some more info I came into through talking to the friend I mentioned in the first thread who had seen part of it.

quote:

This is the important one

Okay, apparently the test failed because the robot's hydraulic fluid was red. The fat guy's arm gets infected because he got cut after the robot and the fluid reacted to the blood. Finally the fat guy got his arm ripped off, not just his finger.

Please and thank you.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Well I think I found the movie I was looking for earlier so I'll just ask about a scene from a movie that just popped in my head.

Basically this guy is pulled over and there are a ton of cops pointing guns at him and he reaches into his coat and gets shot to death and it reveals he was just reaching for a lighter, then it goes back to the beginning of the same scene and you realize that what you just saw was him imagining doing that, also there might be one of these in it.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm pretty sure that's The Chase starring Charlie Sheen.

Thanks that sounds right

Stryder posted:

That would be Crash and Burn http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099313/ from our good friends at Full Moon Entertainment.

Yeah I had found it by reading almost every review for movies with evil robots on iMDB but it is nice to have confirmation. Thanks

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I cannot remember when, where, or why I saw this movie, but the premise was two kids younger brother older sister, are kinda troublemakers and move from school to school, possibly with single mother or just a distant dad. They end up living with a relative for some reason and learn to be better people. The only specific things i can remember are, one of them pretending to cut off there own finger at school and scaring their class mates, and at one point deciding to scare the curmudgeonly neighbor guy by having the girl hide in his tree dressed as a ghost, but it went wrong and he ends up thinking she was an angel and the branches got bent in such a way that their shadows looked like Jesus.
Thanks in advance.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
^^^ one of the Gamera movies?

Elohssa Gib posted:

I cannot remember when, where, or why I saw this movie, but the premise was two kids younger brother older sister, are kinda troublemakers and move from school to school, possibly with single mother or just a distant dad. They end up living with a relative for some reason and learn to be better people. The only specific things i can remember are, one of them pretending to cut off there own finger at school and scaring their class mates, and at one point deciding to scare the curmudgeonly neighbor guy by having the girl hide in his tree dressed as a ghost, but it went wrong and he ends up thinking she was an angel and the branches got bent in such a way that their shadows looked like Jesus.
Thanks in advance.

Still looking for this one and thought of another.

Genre: Romantic, possible comedy
Year: Early to mid 90s
Summary: Boy and Girl meet, fall in love, etc. Boy dies, possibly untimely, girl dies. Boy meets girl in Heaven. Girl gets reincarnated, boy gets reincarnated with a chance to win girl again. Twist, they don't remember each other and only have a certain amount of time to meet again. Possible musical importance, either a song or an instrument.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Two Mules for Sister Sarah reminded me of a movie I saw once and would like to see again.

Type: Western/Comedy
Seen: Late 80s early 90s
Premise: Fat chick ends up in small dying town, town needs money. Another fat chick is in town, think there was slight mistaken identity. One fat chick kills a guy by accidentally tightening her legs too much during either cunnilingus or just plain sex. Stuffs body in piano. The two fat chicks turn out to be long lost sisters each with half a map tattooed on their asscheeks. At some point the bad guy ties them up naked and face down on a bed where the two map halves are seen toghether. Treasure is found and bad guy is defeated.

So what the hell did I watch?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Hellkind posted:

That would be "Lust in the Dust". One of the "fat chicks" was actually the infamous transvestite Divine of John Waters fame.

That looks like the one, thanks

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
1.Probably a mid 80's sci-fi comedy

Aliens invade a town for some reason, but the aliens are really stupid. If i remember correctly one tries to communicate with a car while standing in the middle of the road and get run over. And there might have been a scene where a rural cop has a shotgun that gets bent or blown up.

2. This was a preview on a movie we watched a lot when I was younger.
I think 80's loser gets a second chance movie. I can remember two specific lines used in the trailer, one was "You dropped the ball" and the other was "Are you horny to win" and took place at some sort of exercise where I seem to remember a bunch of middle aged men are humping the air until one falls over and then they all ended up on their backs withe their legs waving in the air. Might've had Jeff Goldblum but nothing on IMDb rings a bell.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Action Jacktion posted:

Spaced Invaders:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100666/

Sweet, now I just have to find a copy.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Saw this movie about 6 years ago, but the production looked to be mid 80's. Due to it being seen at the house of a "lady" our family does it's best to forget, I've blocked most of the memories. What I remember is the movie was mostly a typical fantasy, unlikely hero saves the land from the evil dude, one important scene had the hero using a weapon that looked like a cross between a throwing star and one of those frisbees that have no center. The evil guys castle/lair was whit and all pointy and pyramidish. Space may have been involved at one point.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

PonchtheJedi posted:

That sounds like Krull to me. The weapon you are referring to is The Glave, I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085811/

This looks right, thanks

Pweller posted:

What does this mean?

Long story short, "lady" caused marital issues with my parents, and made my dad, my sister and me leave the church we went to. Due to this I try not to remember much from that time. And lady was easier to type than manipulative psycho bitch.

Elohssa Gib fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 24, 2007

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Have two
First one I think was a made for TV movie about a school reunion. I saw it mid to late '90s and all I can really remember is there is some plot device about the 'nerd' trying to flush a urinal with his foot and stepping in the urinal and then later successfully doing it. There may have been a sub-plot about a woman convincing this guy he got her pregnant and gets him to kidnap someone else's baby. Don't think it was very good but I kinda want to know what happened.

Other one isn't a movie but since I couldn't find a "What Show was This" thread in TV IV I guess I'll ask here. Does anyone know what cartoon featured people with power based on their morality, I seem to remember the good prince had good magic, the bad guy could raise the dead or something involving skeletons and the prince's brother who had kinda helped cause the whole war could travel through shadows.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Thank you, I was kinda afraid I had just jumbled up memories of other cartoons and now I can rest assured I'm not crazy.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
For the videotape behind the pedicure, I'll throw out my two guesses of Love Actually or one of the Brady bunch movies, I'm probably very wrong.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
This is gonna sound odd, but when I was about 4 or 5, my parents rented a lot of documentaries from the local library. There was a lot of Nova films about brains, giving birth, etc. Anyway, one of the ones that was rented multiple times was one about how toilets are made and work. Only real specific parts I can remember are one scene where the have a cross section of a toilet and it shows red water in the bowl and blue water in the tank, and at the beginning you hear someone singing, "We're making a movie Charlie, you wanna be a star." If someone can find it so I can have a nice nostalgia trip, that would be awesome.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Decided to try again on the ones from earlier in the thread

quote:

It was a collection of shorts about sex.
The shorts I remember were one in which two miniature claymation critters film a couple having sex, one in which these little animated guys are watching a stripper and they keep dying, and the last one is basically an encyclopedia of terms for and about the penis as cartoons.

I talked to my sister and in the first short it is a claymation, satyr and nymph videotaping a couple having sex, and at one point the satyr blows up a condom and uses it as a balloon to float to a different area of the bedroom.

quote:

Thanks in advance.

quote:

Genre: Romantic, possible comedy
Year: Early to mid 90s
Summary: Boy and Girl meet, fall in love, etc. Boy dies, possibly untimely, girl dies. Boy meets girl in Heaven. Girl gets reincarnated, boy gets reincarnated with a chance to win girl again. Twist, they don't remember each other and only have a certain amount of time to meet again. Possible musical importance, either a song or an instrument.
I think the instrument was either a sax or trumpet.

quote:

This was a preview on a movie we watched a lot when I was younger.
I think 80's loser gets a second chance movie. I can remember two specific lines used in the trailer, one was "You dropped the ball" and the other was "Are you horny to win" and took place at some sort of exercise where I seem to remember a bunch of middle aged men are humping the air until one falls over and then they all ended up on their backs withe their legs waving in the air. Might've had Jeff Goldblum but nothing on IMDb rings a bell.

After remembering it was Robin Williams, I found it, The Best of Times

quote:

First one I think was a made for TV movie about a school reunion. I saw it mid to late '90s and all I can really remember is there is some plot device about the 'nerd' trying to flush a urinal with his foot and stepping in the urinal and then later successfully doing it. There may have been a sub-plot about a woman convincing this guy he got her pregnant and gets him to kidnap someone else's baby. Don't think it was very good but I kinda want to know what happened.

If I remember right, at the end the nerdy guy successfully flushes the urinal with his foot, and the second guy is shown driving down the road, possibly crying, while looking at the baby he just kidnapped because he thinks it's his.

quote:

This is gonna sound odd, but when I was about 4 or 5, my parents rented a lot of documentaries from the local library. There was a lot of Nova films about brains, giving birth, etc. Anyway, one of the ones that was rented multiple times was one about how toilets are made and work. Only real specific parts I can remember are one scene where the have a cross section of a toilet and it shows red water in the bowl and blue water in the tank, and at the beginning you hear someone singing, "We're making a movie Charlie, you wanna be a star." If someone can find it so I can have a nice nostalgia trip, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the ones y'all have found so far.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Competition posted:

I saw this on TV a few years ago:

Plot:
A spaceship crew on a mission to wherever awaken from hibernation to find their captain (someone who's job was to wake up a week or so prior to everyone else to get things set up) had hung himself.
After some digging they find a video (that I think the captain had tried to delete) of the population of Earth being wiped out in a nuclear war during their hibernation.

This leads to tensions between the crew (who're a bunch of multinationals), maybe another suicide or two, etc... Until it is revealed that one of the crew (A British woman) is an android and that this has been a training scenario and that they never infact took off from earth. Something goes wrong and they have to fight the android (there may have been more than one) and all but two of the crew die to stop the android/end the training scenario.

However upon getting out of the lab where the scenario was taking place they step into the real world and find out that while the training mission had occured there was in fact a nuclear war that wiped out everyone, I think the final scene is the image od a destroyed new york.

Date: It looked late 80s-mid 90s

This is a long shot but reading this, what came to mind was Crash and Burn
I'm probably wrong though.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
This was posted in the Comic Strip mega thread and I was wondering what movie is being promoted on the poster in the background.

Click here for the full 1210x806 image.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

penismightier posted:

Faster

Thanks

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Not quite a movie search but, I'm enough of a dork to legitimately enjoy a lot of memes and I was watching some different Ievan Polkka videos on YouTube and found this one. After searching through the comments I found out it is from a movie called "On lautalla pienoinen kahvila"n or "Savotan Sanni", I was wondering if there is any way to legally obtain this movie in the US.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I asked about this one earlier, but thought of a couple specific scenes.

Saw this movie late 80's early 90's I think it was a coming of age type story, brother and sister are separated from their parents, parents may be dead, they go and live with an older female relative. The kids like to play pranks, the one being a scene where the girl pretends to cut the end of her finger off at school, I think she used ketchup as blood. The other scene I remember is where they are playing a prank on their neighbor, I think to punish him, the girl puts on a white sheet like a poncho, and their supposed to make it look like a ghost in one of the guy's trees, but he gets there early or she loses the mask she was gonna wear, so he thinks she was an angel, and in an odd coincidence the shadows of some of the branches of the tree she was in make a picture of Jesus' face. Any help finding this would be great.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Trying to find a movie, the only scene I remember is an apartment where a young couple has a phone shaped like a penis, and this older lady who I think was the girl's mother goes to use it and says something like, "If you think I'm going to reach out and touch someone with that thing, you've got another thing coming." I'm pretty sure it was a similar movie with loosely interconnected scenes like the Kentucky Fried Movie or Amazon Women on the Moon. I used to think it was in the Kentucky Fried Movie until I recently re-watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

MisterGBH posted:

I have these two scenes in my head and I'm sure that they are both from the same movie but I'll be damned if I can remember where they are from.

One is a young woman who has strict parents (I think religious) and catch her doing something and her mother forces her in a bathtub with scolding hot water and scrubs her skin raw trying to clean her.

The other is somebody tricking somebody by sticking coins in a candle and as it melts the coins drop on this other pile of coins it's used as a distraction to escape I think?

Any ideas?

People Under the Stairs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/