Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

artsy fartsy posted:

Okay this is driving me nuts because I saw whatever it was not that long ago. But I also watch a lot of older stuff, so who knows.

A show, I think, with an episode where the main male character sees visions of a son he might have if something in his life were to go a certain way (a romantic plot, maybe?) But at the end of the episode he accepts, for whatever reason, that it's not going to happen and says goodbye to this imaginary son. It made me sad.

Shot in the dark, but this sounds like it could have been Awake, which ran on NBC for a season something like seven or eight years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That definitely sounds like a Mitchell & Webb thing.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Holy poo poo the boy whose dad is a priest is Tim from Jurassic Park? And the mom is Ashley Judd? The gently caress?

That was the movie which introduced me to Oliver Platt. And I, too, saw it in Catholic school.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

YES. It's still as great as I remembered. :v:

Edit: Holy moley they also made The Curse Of Cheddar Bay, another certified internet classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--BvXpaGq4

MY BOYS

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That's absolutely not Cam Clarke.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jedit posted:

On which note: what is the movie that features the Ballchinians?

Men in Black 2.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LesterGroans posted:

That's from 24, I believe.

Yep, first season, Jack Bauer is in a car with a guy and threatens him with it unless he talks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I have to admit, Trek did a really good job of hiding that Doohan had only four fingers on his right hand. (He lost his right middle finger during D-Day.) There are only a few times it's visible between the original series and the movies.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Trevor Hale posted:

Judge Dredd

That wasn't fake video, that was Rico wearing Dredd's badge.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Andorra posted:

Didn't Batman Forever have fake security cam footage? I don't remember, I haven't seen that movie in a long time.

Yeah, Stickley's "suicide" was doctored.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The movie I'm trying to think of was late 80's or early 90's. It took place on a giant spaceship (or moon colony, can't remember) where one of the only forms of entertainment was watching aliens fight eachother. No human had ever won a fight until the protagonist enters and proceeds to kick the poo poo out of everyone. It was basically blood sport in space.

The Running Man?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

No, there were definitely tons of aliens in the movie I'm thinking of and little to no Richard Dawson.

God, I'm trying to think of an "alien Bloodsport movie" and I'm just drawing a total blank. Galaxy of Terror? Enemy Mine, maybe? Not quite the premise, though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DandyLion posted:

Arena (1989). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101366/

Here's the whole movie for a nostalgia blast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utAn6h2ee-4

God that was one of my childhood staples alongside Robot Jox.

Marc Alaimo and Armin Shimerman? Okay, sold.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leavemywife posted:

Which movie had Lochlyn Munro demanding someone kick him in the junk multiple times?

This feels like something that would happen in Dead Man on Campus but I don't think that's it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pilchenstein posted:

Some kind of stealth mission, someone shoots a guy and grabs his collar so his body doesn't drop while there's a tense moment waiting to see if another person heard them. I want to say it's not the shot that might have been heard but someone bumping into something or otherwise loving up. Feels like it's probably going to be staggeringly obvious but I can't think of what it is :v:

I feel like this happens in either a James Bond movie or Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sigher posted:

Wasn't that basically Altered Carbon? I didn't see it but I heard tons of good poo poo about it.

Eh, kinda-sorta-almost? Like, I guess you could say that there's some DNA of Blade Runner in there but it really does more of its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Origami Dali posted:

Naked Gun 33 1/3, prob.

Yep. James Earl Jones says, "Looks like Phil Donahue throwing up in a tuba."